B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings #1  

Revturbo9967

Tractor
B2601
Well, after about a 3 months of shopping and a month of waiting for it to show up, my new B2601 was delivered Saturday. I bought basic implements, FEL, QA bucket, belly mower, quick hitch, pallet forks, rear blade, 3rd function and rim guard. I do plan on using this machine primarily for fire wood and moving wood for milling. My wife wanted the mowing deck although I'm not sure i will use it much. The salesman went over some things with me and he was on his way. I went over the tractor alone quick, then started testing things out. Played with the QA bucket and forks, drove the machine around, and played with the loader a bit. I've never owned a tractor or loader but work for a machinery sales company and work with very large fork lifts from time to time, so getting used to the loader valve will take some time.

I took the machine to a shady spot and wanted to test taking off the entire loader. I did not receive a owners manual because apparently the one for my machine was destroyed in the crate, but another is on its way. I've seen it done a few times on Youtube and have the basic understanding. I flipped the lever for the kick stand and lowered the bucket and nothing happened. I played with this for a while then called the salesman. He insisted I was doing it wrong until I sent him a picture of the bucket bottoming out and not activating the kick stand. He then said the machine needed to come back to be check out. I've had it a total of 35 minute and the machine already needed to go back to service. I asked him what needed adjustment and Id do it myself. He sent me some pictures of the tabs which were supposed to be moved down in order for the bucket to make contact with the kick stand. When adjusting this I noticed the pins which hold the kickstand up and out of place were bent up. I sent these picture to the salesmen and he then insisted the machine needed to come back ASAP and was very upset(not at me but rather this not being properly set up) My guess is during install, this was out of adjustment and at some point the bucket hit those pins and bent them up, and then someone just adjusted the tabs down so it wouldn't make contact at all and then it would be a problem for another day. By this time it was after the dealer was closed so it couldn't go back until this week.

I figured I would straighten everything myself and adjust it to where it was working properly. I bent the pins/bolts and moved the tabs around as well as adjusting the end link on the handle for the kick stand release. While testing it a few times, I would raise the bucket up and release the lever, pivot the bucket and lower the kick stand. While the bucket was raised, I accidently hit the 3rd function button with my hand and I got SPRAYED with hydraulic fluid. It came from the end of the line where it attached to the front of the loader. I had no idea what happened as it was so fast . Being covered in oil , I ran inside and cleaned up while yelling some profanities. I went back to the machine while texting the salesman and told him what happened. He was very upset with what happened and assured me it would be fixed. I went to the front of the loader where the two lines are attached to find that BOTH lines weren't even hand tight on the quick connect fittings. The were barely threaded on. I was livid. I took a video of this and sent it to the salesman. He promised to make things right but at that point the damage was done and I was pretty pissed making me regret my decision to get this tractor.

I tightened the lines then checked every one on the machine then put the machine away for the night. Yesterday I took the machine out and looked it over checking everything and anything that could have gone wrong with assembly. I checked all fluids and made sure every function worked. I found a few minor things that would normally never get me frazzled but I added it to the list. I know these are all shotty assembly issues and have nothing to do with the quality of the machine, that said I'm very much second guessing the decision to get the tractor. I bought this machine to make my life easier, doing things I normally did by hand or with much smaller equipment. I do not need it to work my property like some of you do. It is a pure luxury that I'm very grateful I have the means to afford in times like these. I have yet to talk to the dealer on the phone about everything , mostly texting and email all weekend, but my anger has been rising. Am I out of place to think the above issues are not supposed to happen? I get mistakes happen, we all make them. I just feel like these are beyond mistakes.

IMG_1987.JPG
IMG_1969.JPG
62282948836__2477F97A-6C51-4126-BCEC-75DD53C38F8C.JPG

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings #2  
Well, after about a 3 months of shopping and a month of waiting for it to show up, my new B2601 was delivered Saturday. I bought basic implements, FEL, QA bucket, belly mower, quick hitch, pallet forks, rear blade, 3rd function and rim guard. I do plan on using this machine primarily for fire wood and moving wood for milling. My wife wanted the mowing deck although I'm not sure i will use it much. The salesman went over some things with me and he was on his way. I went over the tractor alone quick, then started testing things out. Played with the QA bucket and forks, drove the machine around, and played with the loader a bit. I've never owned a tractor or loader but work for a machinery sales company and work with very large fork lifts from time to time, so getting used to the loader valve will take some time.

I took the machine to a shady spot and wanted to test taking off the entire loader. I did not receive a owners manual because apparently the one for my machine was destroyed in the crate, but another is on its way. I've seen it done a few times on Youtube and have the basic understanding. I flipped the lever for the kick stand and lowered the bucket and nothing happened. I played with this for a while then called the salesman. He insisted I was doing it wrong until I sent him a picture of the bucket bottoming out and not activating the kick stand. He then said the machine needed to come back to be check out. I've had it a total of 35 minute and the machine already needed to go back to service. I asked him what needed adjustment and Id do it myself. He sent me some pictures of the tabs which were supposed to be moved down in order for the bucket to make contact with the kick stand. When adjusting this I noticed the pins which hold the kickstand up and out of place were bent up. I sent these picture to the salesmen and he then insisted the machine needed to come back ASAP and was very upset(not at me but rather this not being properly set up) My guess is during install, this was out of adjustment and at some point the bucket hit those pins and bent them up, and then someone just adjusted the tabs down so it wouldn't make contact at all and then it would be a problem for another day. By this time it was after the dealer was closed so it couldn't go back until this week.

I figured I would straighten everything myself and adjust it to where it was working properly. I bent the pins/bolts and moved the tabs around as well as adjusting the end link on the handle for the kick stand release. While testing it a few times, I would raise the bucket up and release the lever, pivot the bucket and lower the kick stand. While the bucket was raised, I accidently hit the 3rd function button with my hand and I got SPRAYED with hydraulic fluid. It came from the end of the line where it attached to the front of the loader. I had no idea what happened as it was so fast . Being covered in oil , I ran inside and cleaned up while yelling some profanities. I went back to the machine while texting the salesman and told him what happened. He was very upset with what happened and assured me it would be fixed. I went to the front of the loader where the two lines are attached to find that BOTH lines weren't even hand tight on the quick connect fittings. The were barely threaded on. I was livid. I took a video of this and sent it to the salesman. He promised to make things right but at that point the damage was done and I was pretty pissed making me regret my decision to get this tractor.

I tightened the lines then checked every one on the machine then put the machine away for the night. Yesterday I took the machine out and looked it over checking everything and anything that could have gone wrong with assembly. I checked all fluids and made sure every function worked. I found a few minor things that would normally never get me frazzled but I added it to the list. I know these are all shotty assembly issues and have nothing to do with the quality of the machine, that said I'm very much second guessing the decision to get the tractor. I bought this machine to make my life easier, doing things I normally did by hand or with much smaller equipment. I do not need it to work my property like some of you do. It is a pure luxury that I'm very grateful I have the means to afford in times like these. I have yet to talk to the dealer on the phone about everything , mostly texting and email all weekend, but my anger has been rising. Am I out of place to think the above issues are not supposed to happen? I get mistakes happen, we all make them. I just feel like these are beyond mistakes.

View attachment 671172
View attachment 671171
View attachment 671176

that is all very bad to hear... however being in sales my whole life I can tell you that the sales person feels terrible but really cant do much as this was part of the set up process.. it really sucks when customers keep drilling the sales guy and he can't do much to help until service is available. hopefully you weren't to hard on him. as far as the dealer... ya.. you can give him some heat because it sounds like they were definitely not double checking things as your tractor went together.. I am sure you will like it once your taken care of.

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings
that is all very bad to hear... however being in sales my whole life I can tell you that the sales person feels terrible but really cant do much as this was part of the set up process.. it really sucks when customers keep drilling the sales guy and he can't do much to help until service is available. hopefully you weren't to hard on him. as far as the dealer... ya.. you can give him some heat because it sounds like they were definitely not double checking things as your tractor went together.. I am sure you will like it once your taken care of.

Im in sales myself and know what you're saying. In this case the salesman I worked with is the sales manager of the dealer so I'm sure what he says flows to the service manager and so on. I was politely angry if that makes any sense.

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings #4  
If the dealer is that incompetent setting up a new machine, your other concern should be what level of service you can expect if you ever have a problem.

Even though I bought an LS, my opinion is Kubota makes the best tractors in the industry. The only two reasons I did not purchase a Kubota was cost and my Kubota dealer was a jerk.

If the dealer does not make things right, send a letter to the dealer with a copy to Kubota detailing your issues and your disappointment. Be civil and professional.

I hope this works out for you. You have a good machine...once it gets set up properly.

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings #5  

View attachment 671172
View attachment 671171
View attachment 671176

Removing/installing a QA FEL for the first time is not intuitively obvious, even after first reading the instructions in the Operator's Manual.

I suggest that you wait for the proper manual and read and comprehend the proper procedures before continuing.

One can damage FEL components using improper procedures.

Having done it a couple of times, it will become second nature.

SDT

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings #6  
I would go over every bolt on that loader frame for tightness before use.

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings #7  
I can certainly understand being upset about these issues so far. They are on your dealer to make right, and let's have faith that they will.

But don't take it to a place of regretting purchasing your tractor! It will still be, and already is, a great machine. Just needs to be dialed in. A little hydraulic oil spray/leak from loose fitting is not a big deal, man.

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings #8  
Not good. I've NEVER taken the FEL off my 3 tractors. Took just the bucket off once for a short period.

The sales person showed me how easy it was to remove the FEL just to ease it out of the way to get more access to the engine. Can get all access I need with the FEL in place.

Ralph

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings #9  
Don't blame the tractor for your unpleasant experience. All the issues you are complaining about fall right directly in the DEALER'S lap, the onus is on them to set up and function test the machine and all of the attachments before delivery.

/ B2601 as been delivered, mixed feelings
Don't blame the tractor for your unpleasant experience. All the issues you are complaining about fall right directly in the DEALER'S lap, the onus is on them to set up and function test the machine and all of the attachments before delivery.

im certainly not blaming the machine although i am/was pretty mad at it. i know it was all set up issues. im going to call them soon and go over the next step