B2620 HST pedal sticks

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #1  

bstrom

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota b2620
My B2620 HST pedal is sticking just a little but it's a big pain because when I get off the seat to change the angle on my rear blade the engine stalls because the relay switch has not tripped and the tractor thinks it is still going forward with no operator even though it is not.

I have adjusted the switch which helped for awhile (and was a big PITA because I had to remove a loaded rear tire to get a wrench on it), greased the S*** out of the rocker arm of the pedal too. It seems like there is not enough return spring pressure to bring back the pedal all the way and trip the the switch. Anyone know if there is an adjustment on the return spring on that tractor? - I can't figure it out while lying in the snow. Help- thanks.

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #2  
Mine has stuck just slightly once in a while too, so I'm interested in this.....

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #3  
My BX24 has done this a couple times, but I just rock the pedal to the center out of habbit now. Is it possible to use a lighter grease in the rocker pedal so that it returns easier? I've never tried to adjust mine, but I'll probably try to after we dry out a little here.

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #4  
Mine does this in cold weather. I have found that if I raise the throttle to a higher RPM it helps?

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #5  
Now that you mention it, I think I've noticed that too.

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #6  
my 2620 seems to do this when it's very cold outside or I haven't driven in a while

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #7  
I don't know for sure, but I think it may have something to do with the greese getting a little thicker in the pivot point. I don't think mine does this at all during the summer.

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #8  
My B8200 has done that. Clean the HST shaft and all the grease off. Then grease lightly. More grease does not make more better... Usually just collects dust and junk.

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #9  
Mine was doing that too. There is a place to grease the rod where it pivots with the forward and reverse. It is not easy to see. Points outboard. My dealer showed me. After greasing it, mine has been fine.

/ B2620 HST pedal sticks #10  
It seems to be a prevalant issues with HST rockers pedals on kubotas. I agree it seems to get gunked up after awhile. What I do is add grease till it over flows, wipe excess underneath, rock it back and forth a few times. I add bit more grease to pump out the dirty grease stuck in the crevices of the pedal, and wipe that off too. Without wiping it, I noticed it seems to suck in dirt and grease is dirtier then next time I service the pedal. It experimented with different types of grease on the HST pedal, I find the cheap light duty grade is better then the synthenic, and/or thicker grease. It seems to last longer and better in colder weather. I am not sure if less is better or not- I just like seeing dirty grease to come out and it seems to work better. At 500 hrs- I am still a newbie with the HST pedal, but not to tractors.:)

please,please - don't lecture me about mixing the greases- :eek: I know I know- i was just frustrated with the HST pedal. :(