B2630 and 60 inch Tiller

/ B2630 and 60 inch Tiller #1  

BCNU

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2630
I have a B2630 Kubota and want to know if it will run a 60 inch KK tiller. I have a freind who has the tiller and said I can borrow it any time I want and was just wanting to know if the tractor could handle it. It would be used for a garden area that the ground has been worked for years. Just wondered if any of you with simular horsepower tractors run a 60 inch tiller. Thanks in advance for any info!

/ B2630 and 60 inch Tiller #2  
BCNU:

It is my understanding that the B2630 has around 20 PTO HP. Your 3PH has a lift capacity of almost 1700 pounds and most 60" range tillers weigh in around 600 - 700 pounds so you can lift it. I would keep the FEL on for balance. I think your tractor could handle that size tiller on a prepared garden bed without difficulty. You might be pushing it breaking up virgin sod (at least on the first pass). I do not see anything wrong with multiple tilling passes, each one deeper than the one before when it comes to breaking up virgin sod. I have no difficulty running my 58" tiller with 23+ PTO HP. Jay