B2650 mower deck not level?

/ B2650 mower deck not level? #1  

Jakea

Tractor
Kubota B2650
I bought a used B2650 with a 60 inch mower deck it seems to work fine but today when i parked on a cement floor i measured the front of the deck and the rear and the rear of the deck is lower than the front. How do i adjust it?

It looks like the two front wheels and the one dual wheel in the back is the height adjust if that is the case do i have to take the deck off? As reaching the middle back wheel looks tough.

Thanks for the help!

/ B2650 mower deck not level? #2  
I have 3 Kubota made MMM decks on 2 differing tractor models. All of them have the rear of the deck lower than the front. I think that is inherent with the design (where that handle-like mount in front pulls the deck forward to the latching point.) Probably the best advice is get hold of the mower deck user's manual. Mine describes a procedure for alignment and leveling of the deck and that's the best you can do. To be honest the Kubota MMM hardware that attaches the decks to the tractors is prone to nuisance issues like not wanting to lower at times, the height adjustment being stuck, etc. It varies.

Note also that the MMM deck on some Kubotas is a "suspension type" meaning the wheels are only intended to avoid scalping while the other type is "ground following" which means the deck should be riding on the wheels all the time while mowing. I have both types and to me the ground following design does a nicer mowing job with less nuisance issues.

I do not know (and do not have an easy way to look it up) whether your B2650 deck is the suspension type or the ground following type.

/ B2650 mower deck not level?
I didn't get a manual seems like they always get lost.

/ B2650 mower deck not level? #4  
   / B2650 mower deck not level? #5  
The B2650 (MMM) rides on the ground . The two front wheels along with the center back double wheels can be adjusted to get the cut height and level that you prefer. And "yes".......getting your hands on that rear center wheel set is tough for old guys with short arms( viz., me). To grease those wheels or the universal joints I just crawl under the tractor from the rear.....(little old guys with short arms can do that).

Cheers,
Mike

/ B2650 mower deck not level? #6  
The B2650 (MMM) rides on the ground . The two front wheels along with the center back double wheels can be adjusted to get the cut height and level that you prefer. And "yes".......getting your hands on that rear center wheel set is tough for old guys with short arms( viz., me). To grease those wheels or the universal joints I just crawl under the tractor from the rear.....(little old guys with short arms can do that).

Cheers,
Mike
OK, so now with the OP knowing that it is a "ground rider" and that you can adjust the height with the wheels the only question is how should it be adjusted for height front and back. I dug out my manual on the RC-60-21B ground riding deck for my B2150 tractors. I thought it would state settings from front and back, whether they should differ, etc. But it does NOT. It does recommend a 2" cutting height from blade tip to concrete.

/ B2650 mower deck not level?
Has anyone found a easy way to remove the deck so that you don't need to slide it? It almost looks like if you have the loader on you could raise the front wheels up and the deck could move forward and then sit in between the loader and front tires if there is enough room.

Thanks for the tips!! :)

/ B2650 mower deck not level? #8  
Do you strong tree limb or beam etc. where chain fall or come along can attach,than raise frontend just enough roll mower in place.