B2650 protecting paint job from fading?

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #11  
Wax will definitely help.problem is the type of paint being used to start with.Usually on tractors they use an equipment enamel which is a synthetic enamel not very good for longevity.Cars these days are painted with urethanes which have lots more uv protection and better pigments.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #12  
That was my plan. What brand wax are you guys using? Never thought about using wax on a tractor, i don't even wax my truck lol

Stay with Synthetic wax, not a natural carnauba wax. Carnauba wax is natural and looks good on warmer colored cars, but does not have the durability of synthetic wax. I like Duragloss products, #105 or #111. Also Mothers Syn Wax is great. Really, any synthetic sealant will work for your application.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #13  
That was my plan. What brand wax are you guys using? Never thought about using wax on a tractor, i don't even wax my truck lol
What is Tractor Wax? Never used such a product, rarely even use water. Tractors are made to work just as well with dirt on them as they are clean. I do try to hose off stinky mud from my B26 after playing in the pond with it digging out the muck but other than that, what ever dust/dirt that gets on them just stays till I need to hose off excess mud.
I do sometimes hose off the cab windows just for visibility but that is only if the windshield washers don't do a good enough job.

I also had to wash my pickup after I inadvertently locked my peafowl inside the garage for about 20 hour and she crapped all over it. Luckily it was raining that day so mother nature did most of the work for me.
If I sound a bit lazy, I am when it comes to washing vehicles. I am much changed from my youth when any dust was cause for a washing.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading?
Now I've heard everything.:)

There are a ton of wax products. Don't you remember the commercials on Saturday mornings using fire, and acid and the car's paint would be fine. :)

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #15  
I just bought a brand new 2014 BX25D last week and it is faded so I used rubbing compound then waxed it, the hood looks good but loader is still looks faded. Oddly the hoe didn't fade. At least now it is kept inside.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #16  
I just keep mine covered in enough grease and dirt....it protects the paint. And the grease in all the joints does less damage than water. LOL.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #17  
I just keep mine covered in enough grease and dirt....it protects the paint. And the grease in all the joints does less damage than water. LOL.

Exactly. People overwash, which is harder on the finish than not....

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #18  
Exactly. People overwash, which is harder on the finish than not....

No...just no. Washing *incorrectly* can cause damage to the finish, washing correctly will never cause damage to the finish.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #19  
I wax mine twice a year and use Mothers cleaner wax or McGuire's , I also use Armor All on the plastic trim and Turtle Wax Tire shine on tires! But hey I take care of my toys er, er, vehicles..:cool2::dance1:
DevilDog

Grand L.jpg

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #20  
Jeez, Devildog- you wax the engine, too? Looks better than showroom new! I like Rejex for the paint, and Aerospace 303 for the plastic and rubber, which I am told is much better than Armor All.