B2650 vs B3350SUHSD

/ B2650 vs B3350SUHSD #11  
Hi I'm looking at 2 used Kubotas with same pricing $15900. First is a 2017 B2650 with 507 hrs and the second is a 2016 B3350 with 248 hrs. I have a 3 acre property and I believe(based on reading this forum) that the B2650 is more than sufficient for my needs. My question is how much can I offer the dealer for the B2650 ? I've seen it priced $14000 by private party elsewhere(with more mileage). I dont want to lowball but I dont want to spend too much either. My question is whether I could offer $12500 for it. TIA.
I would have no problems offering a lower price. Price is all perception anyway. That price isn't mandated, it is made up by the dealer based on his best hopes. Tractor prices are much more fluid than the prices in the automotive world. If less than what he hopes for is what it is worth to you, offer what you will pay and stick to it. If he wants more, that is when you start wanting extras. It's called bargaining, and nothing in the world wrong with doing that. It's a rural thing. The rural tractor/ag world is built around bargaining much more so than the city retail trade. No honest offer is an insult. Bargaining should be fun.

Models that are SU are "special utility" which is Kubota-speak for their economy model. It may not have some features you want, so check it out. For example, for mowing with a HST most people want cruise control and a more comfortable seat. For loader work, cruise control is not used, and you are up and down so much that a super seat is nice, but not so important.

Last edited:
   / B2650 vs B3350SUHSD #12  
I would hope that the dealer would make the necessary changes to the B3350, and that he would be careful to inform prospective buyers about the "special history" of that model. The lifetime transferrable warranty would be part of that. So the OP probably already knows.

If the dealer does not or has not, .... then that would be something to take into consideration.

The only other Kubota model I can recall having a known problem were the ones with the jerky 3pt hitch a decade before the B3350.... been so long that now I forget that model. Someone will probably remember.
Some M series models, e.g., M9540, M9960, others, have weak PTO brakes.

PTO brake was redesigned to be more robust late in the M9960 model run but there is no program to assist owners of earlier models with failed PTO brakes, requiring expensive split to repair.

/ B2650 vs B3350SUHSD #13  
I know you have first hand experience with the B3350, and a good outcome. That said, a 238 hour B3350 being sold at the dealer is very likely to still have issues. I suspect it didn't get there by being a reliable machine.
As I said, the B3350 is the only tractor one can buy from any manufacturer having a lifetime, transferrable "emissions" warranty.

Yes, it is well known that many/most dealers are concerned only with profitability and act accordingly.

/ B2650 vs B3350SUHSD
Does the B2650 come with rear remotes by default ?

/ B2650 vs B3350SUHSD #16  
I would have no problems offering a lower price. Price is all perception anyway. That price isn't mandated, it is made up by the dealer based on his best hopes. Tractor prices are much more fluid than the prices in the automotive world. If less than what he hopes for is what it is worth to you, offer what you will pay and stick to it. If he wants more, that is when you start wanting extras. It's called bargaining, and nothing in the world wrong with doing that. It's a rural thing. The rural tractor/ag world is built around bargaining much more so than the city retail trade. No honest offer is an insult. Bargaining should be fun.

Models that are SU are "special utility" which is Kubota-speak for their economy model. It may not have some features you want, so check it out. For example, for mowing with a HST most people want cruise control and a more comfortable seat. For loader work, cruise control is not used, and you are up and down so much that a super seat is nice, but not so important.
Agreed, regarding SU models.

No mid PTO among other things, so no MMM.

/ B2650 vs B3350SUHSD
Okay so I've narrowed my choices to B2650, Kioti CK30, Mahindra 26XL MAX. Are these the right models to compare ?

/ B2650 vs B3350SUHSD #18  
Okay so I've narrowed my choices to B2650, Kioti CK30, Mahindra 26XL MAX. Are these the right models to compare ?
I think our retirement tractor is going to be a nice well-used Kubota B26. I'm in no hurry & just haven't found the right one yet.

But that is the right model for us on our few rugged acres. It is handy as a pocket knife, no emissions stuff, simple electricals, lots of big tractor features, wife and kids feel comfortable with the small size.

Kubota must feel the same way, they have sold that same model now for 17 years.

/ B2650 vs B3350SUHSD
Between the B2601 and B2650 which would you prefer ?