Buying Advice B2650 vs. LX2610 pricing

/ B2650 vs. LX2610 pricing #1  

troopr31

Tractor
B2601-1
The Kubota website is finally listing retail prices on the LX series (build my tractor). When doing a comparison between it and a similarly equipped B2650 the dollar difference is a bit over $1000 between the two, which is understandable since the LX is the latest and greatest.

The question is, given most dealers will be getting the LX in July and the B2650 will, in essence, be obsolete...Do you think dealers will be offering the 2650 at more of a discount to deplete their stock of them? I’m in the market for a B2650 (trading a B2601)...About the only feature that the LX has that I would like over the B2650 is the Suspension seat. That feature, however, isn’t worth $1000+ to me! I have gotten a few quotes from dealers and feel as if I’m not getting the best deal I can get...(pretty much quoting me retail off the Kubota website). I don’t mind waiting until July to see how this pans out, but don’t want to waste 2 months just to find nothing changed...

/ B2650 vs. LX2610 pricing #2  
The Kubota website is finally listing retail prices on the LX series (build my tractor). When doing a comparison between it and a similarly equipped B2650 the dollar difference is a bit over $1000 between the two, which is understandable since the LX is the latest and greatest.

The question is, given most dealers will be getting the LX in July and the B2650 will, in essence, be obsolete...Do you think dealers will be offering the 2650 at more of a discount to deplete their stock of them? I’m in the market for a B2650 (trading a B2601)...About the only feature that the LX has that I would like over the B2650 is the Suspension seat. That feature, however, isn’t worth $1000+ to me! I have gotten a few quotes from dealers and feel as if I’m not getting the best deal I can get...(pretty much quoting me retail off the Kubota website). I don’t mind waiting until July to see how this pans out, but don’t want to waste 2 months just to find nothing changed...

I would not count on much discounting of any B2650 tractors remaining in stock given the popularity of the model.

SDT

/ B2650 vs. LX2610 pricing #3  
Not much of a jump from the 2601 to 2650 -- is it worth the small increment? I remember when I was looking at upgrading my B to a larger B, and concluded it wasn't enough of a jump to be worth it. I went to an L instead. Comparing frame, etc, the large B and small B models are extremely similar -- both in a notably lighter range than the L models. And this was back when the small B models were standard and the large B models were deluxe. Now they are all deluxe, so the difference is even smaller.

A lot of people see an overlap with the B2650 and the L2501/L3301 because of the loader specs, but miss the fact that the B loader tops out about 10" lower than the L loader, and is much narrower. At lower heights, the L can handily out lift the B, and then keep going 10" higher.

/ B2650 vs. LX2610 pricing
Not much of a jump from the 2601 to 2650 -- is it worth the small increment? I remember when I was looking at upgrading my B to a larger B, and concluded it wasn't enough of a jump to be worth it. I went to an L instead. Comparing frame, etc, the large B and small B models are extremely similar -- both in a notably lighter range than the L models. And this was back when the small B models were standard and the large B models were deluxe. Now they are all deluxe, so the difference is even smaller.

A lot of people see an overlap with the B2650 and the L2501/L3301 because of the loader specs, but miss the fact that the B loader tops out about 10" lower than the L loader, and is much narrower. At lower heights, the L can handily out lift the B, and then keep going 10" higher.

I would like to go to an L, but it is too tall to fit into my shed (with ROPS down). I am having a heck of a time wrestling with what I want to do and if it’s worth it or not. I bought the 2601 with a MMM and bagger thinking it would be my “encompass all” machine, but after one season of mowing, I found that it is just simply not fast enough. I have since bought a used zero-turn and now have no use for the mower/bagger. Having the extra loader capacity would be nice as well as the extra weight. I have a 60” land plane that I use often on my lane. I have found the 2601 labored at times to pull it...the 2650 has a little bit more torque, which I think would def help in that category...

As far as trade, my payment will go up like $10ish/month...

I just don’t know what I want to do!!

/ B2650 vs. LX2610 pricing #5  
I compare B26050 to B2601 also LX before purchasing went with B2650...HP,comfortable,reliable,if newer models may have issue will need to be work out.

/ B2650 vs. LX2610 pricing #6  
I would like to go to an L, but it is too tall to fit into my shed (with ROPS down). I am having a heck of a time wrestling with what I want to do and if it’s worth it or not. I bought the 2601 with a MMM and bagger thinking it would be my “encompass all” machine, but after one season of mowing, I found that it is just simply not fast enough. I have since bought a used zero-turn and now have no use for the mower/bagger. Having the extra loader capacity would be nice as well as the extra weight. I have a 60” land plane that I use often on my lane. I have found the 2601 labored at times to pull it...the 2650 has a little bit more torque, which I think would def help in that category...

As far as trade, my payment will go up like $10ish/month...

I just don’t know what I want to do!!

That's a tough box to be in if storage height is an issue, and of course it means you need to complicate this by building a bigger shed! Honestly, sometimes we artificially constrain our tractor purchases by the size of our sheds or trailers, and that is something you need to recognize. If that is driving the tractor decision more than the actual tractor usage, it's something to think carefully about. I remember when buying my first tractor I was looking at machines that could fit my existing trailer, and after hearing what I wanted to use the tractor for, the salesman basically put his hand on my shoulder and said "son, you need to forget about that trailer of yours". It was good honest advice and saved me from making a mistake and wasting my money.

I think the 2650 would need to have substantially more power/torque to be a noticeable difference. It's a heavier tractor, which will eat up some power/torque advantage, but probably not heavier enough to offer traction benefits. I'd need to look at the numbers to really say, but I don't think there will be a big advantage overall.

I went from a B2920, which was the 29HP version of the B2620, which was the predecessor to your 2601 (same size frame and market position). The 2920 was a hot rod with a lot of guts, but it would run out of traction long before power. The power wasn't much help if the wheels were spinning all the time. I went to the L3200, which only had 3HP more on paper, but was considerably heavier and more capable. It is also traction-limited sometimes, but 85% of the time the power and traction are a good match.

Tractor size, power, and traction all need to be considered carefully. It's just way too easy to focus on only one of the specs but miss out on the big picture. Often times, what appears to be an upgrade in one aspect isn't really an upgrade in overall capability.

That's a tough box to be in if storage height is an issue, and of course it means you need to complicate this by building a bigger shed! Honestly, sometimes we artificially constrain our tractor purchases by the size of our sheds or trailers, and that is something you need to recognize. If that is driving the tractor decision more than the actual tractor usage, it's something to think carefully about. I remember when buying my first tractor I was looking at machines that could fit my existing trailer, and after hearing what I wanted to use the tractor for, the salesman basically put his hand on my shoulder and said "son, you need to forget about that trailer of yours". It was good honest advice and saved me from making a mistake and wasting my money.

I think the 2650 would need to have substantially more power/torque to be a noticeable difference. It's a heavier tractor, which will eat up some power/torque advantage, but probably not heavier enough to offer traction benefits. I'd need to look at the numbers to really say, but I don't think there will be a big advantage overall.

I went from a B2920, which was the 29HP version of the B2620, which was the predecessor to your 2601 (same size frame and market position). The 2920 was a hot rod with a lot of guts, but it would run out of traction long before power. The power wasn't much help if the wheels were spinning all the time. I went to the L3200, which only had 3HP more on paper, but was considerably heavier and more capable. It is also traction-limited sometimes, but 85% of the time the power and traction are a good match.

Tractor size, power, and traction all need to be considered carefully. It's just way too easy to focus on only one of the specs but miss out on the big picture. Often times, what appears to be an upgrade in one aspect isn't really an upgrade in overall capability.

Very well put...thank you

/ B2650 vs. LX2610 pricing #8  
I'm surprised a B2650 ROPS is lower than an L2501 because the 2650 is a fairly tall tractor? I went from a B2650 to L2501 and both easily fit through my standard single garage door which is probably 84". The 2650 will get you a little more weight and torque over your current tractor, the L2501 more yet and a stronger loader. A big difference is the L2501 is noticeably wider and more stable than the B2650.

I'm surprised a B2650 ROPS is lower than an L2501 because the 2650 is a fairly tall tractor? I went from a B2650 to L2501 and both easily fit through my standard single garage door which is probably 84". The 2650 will get you a little more weight and torque over your current tractor, the L2501 more yet and a stronger loader. A big difference is the L2501 is noticeably wider and more stable than the B2650.

The opening to the door to my shed is 70”...the B2650 is 68” with the ROPS folded down...to be honest, I didn’t even measure the L2501 because it just “looked” taller...maybe I’ll physically measure, just to be sure...

/ B2650 vs. LX2610 pricing #10  
Youæ±*e right I just measured my L2501 with R4ç—´ at 72 1/2?