B2710 l 3 pt lift arms loose!

/ B2710 l 3 pt lift arms loose! #1  

L355SS

Bronze Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers ACD19, ACG; Kubota BX2200 FEL, B2710 FEL, L355SS FEL; Cat D47U, Ford 4600SU FEL
The 3 pt lift arms on my B2710 are loose on the splines and by removing the ring clip, will slide right off. Anyone else have the same. Is this normal? The tractor has 1200 hours on the meter. I use a heavy pto trencher with this unit and am worried the shaft or splines might strip/break. What is the fix for this, replace both the splined shaft and the lift arms? Are the splines supposed to be a tight fit (I would think so)? It may be that only the lift arm splines are worn.
Dennis

/ B2710 l 3 pt lift arms loose! #2  
The lift arms should slide off with the clip removed! Now with the age of your tractor if the arms weren't used then when you removed the snap ring using penetrating oil to assist in freeing it and you might slide off the arms but I doubt it.
I'd say if you have 1/4 inch on the end of the arm of free spin then they are worn and options look at, is it the arm, shaft or both worn!

An option that you might also might consider would be trading the B-2710 in for a small L-series to offset that "heavy trencher" that you use! They do work the hitch with all the bouncing around from stone and roots.

/ B2710 l 3 pt lift arms loose!
The lift arms should slide off with the clip removed! Now with the age of your tractor if the arms weren't used then when you removed the snap ring using penetrating oil to assist in freeing it and you might slide off the arms but I doubt it.
I'd say if you have 1/4 inch on the end of the arm of free spin then they are worn and options look at, is it the arm, shaft or both worn!

An option that you might also might consider would be trading the B-2710 in for a small L-series to offset that "heavy trencher" that you use! They do work the hitch with all the bouncing around from stone and roots.
Thank you for your response. I will look at replacing the arms (first) as that is the easiest. Next I will consider using my neighbors L series with crawler gear for any more trenching! Thanks.
Dennis