B2910/B7800 Front Mounted Snowblower

/ B2910/B7800 Front Mounted Snowblower #11  
That was pricing i got for a new B7800. I cannot say whether or not they offer the same pricing for JUST the blower..... or if this is discounted WITH the purchase of a new tractor from them. I was quoted 16,582 for a B7800 w/ LA402 loader..... with a list of 18,025. I'm no mathematician, but that only 8% or so off of list, isn't it? Not a smokin deal from what others have gotten off of list price.

If you are just buying the blower........ its probably worth your while to take a ride here anyway though, since we have no sales tax here in NH ! :)

/ B2910/B7800 Front Mounted Snowblower
A lot to think about... and financing to arrange...!

/ B2910/B7800 Front Mounted Snowblower #13  
MIKEKUBOTA said:
A lot to think about... and financing to arrange...!

Where do you live? In my case I live where we get a lot of snow on a regular basis, not just a few storms. I have probably snow blowed a dozen times this year, but none were particular taxing on the machine. So most people around here have front mounted blowers, because they spend a lot of time snowblowing.

After reading the posts here, I think if I lived in a location that had a few storms, but very occassional snow, I might go with the rear blower.

I live in NY state; we've had few snow opportunities this year, unfortunately.

I was thinking about the rear blower as an alternative. I have to decide if I would get additional use from the front mounting - specifically the directional plow attachement.

As winter is almost over here, I think I have some time to ponder my alternatives. (I say winter is almost over in order to anger the snow gods - maybe they'll find it in the wrath to dump 30 inches on my head, to teach me a lesson... after all, seat time is good time!).

/ B2910/B7800 Front Mounted Snowblower #15  
I would have guessed that NY got a lot more storms than normal this year. I guess that only parts of it have. Michigan is a big state like NY. The guys in the downstate area have had many storms this winter and we have had none, just your usually constant snow year.

Winter is 2/3 over, but it was -8 F when I looked athe thermometer just a few minutes ago, which is OK since my wife and I leave tomorrow for a week in the Turks & Caicos Islands scuba diving. Here is a shot outsde last week. We have had one snowfall since then:

Right-quarter-panel-Kubota-.jpg

/ B2910/B7800 Front Mounted Snowblower #16  
ChuckinNH said:
No, the sub frame / quick hitch for the B7800 / B2910 is like Bialecki's the one for the B30 series is more like the one for the BX, and B7xxx series, though it is a little larger naturally. I have attached a picture of Killer_B's B7610 hitch. I expect that the one for the new B20 series will be like the BX /B7xxx, and is much easier to install.

My B7800 has the subframe like Chuck has pictured. The entire snow blower installed at the dealer was about $3700. That's for a manual chute rotater.

My dealer quoted me $4250 with hydraulic shoot rotator; he's asking another $560 for the installation.

How bad is it out of the crate to set up. I think $560 is a bit of a gouge.

/ B2910/B7800 Front Mounted Snowblower #18  
MIKEKUBOTA said:
My dealer quoted me $4250 with hydraulic shoot rotator; he's asking another $560 for the installation.

How bad is it out of the crate to set up. I think $560 is a bit of a gouge.
$560 is very steep to install the setup in my opinion. I install the subframe and uninstall the subframe every year in a matter of an hour. A total of eight bolts hold the sub frame onto the tractor. Granted the PTO and chute adapter must be installed but I can not imagine that it can be that difficult.

With the subframe install I first elevate the tractor a few inches with the FEL, then I have the sub frame on two hydraulic car jacks that I wheel under the tractor. I pump up the jacks to the point where the bolt holes of the sub frame and tractor frame are aligned and insert bolts and tighten. No big deal. Imagine someone charging each time you install and remove a MMM! Not really that much of a difference.

One last thing, MIKEKUBOTA, I also have a 60" MMM and the mower mounts just swing up and out of the way for the plow/ snowblower sub frame. Kubota really did a nice job with integrating their accessories to the tractor. I also have a Woods subframe mounted to the tractor for my Woods BH-70X backhoe which is also compatible with all my other implements and attachments. Look at my original photo and you can see both sub frames (The back hoe's and the snow plow/ snow blowers sub frames).

/ B2910/B7800 Front Mounted Snowblower #19  
That 560, does that include trucking the tractor back to the shop for installation?

/ B2910/B7800 Front Mounted Snowblower #20  
I've had nothing but good luck dealing with Emerich Sales in Charleton, New York ( near Albany). Nice people, good prices, well worth my 3 hour (1 way) drive.