b2910 or NH TC33D ?

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ?
Ok, you were right. I found First Choice and they lead me to a local deal. If you were also right about the quality being the same I can buy two 72in. mowers for the price of one Woods 72 in. mower. Same with the box scraper. They were very confident that the box scraper would hold up to the Woods but less so on the mower. The same dealer also sells the Woods $500 cheaper then the NH dealer and $1200 cheaper for the First Choice over the woods. That is a huge savings if it is quality similar...........??????? Thanks again for your help

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ? #12  
KCH,

Kodiak is a wise man. I think he mows lawns not to make a living but to screw around on his tractors in his retirement. Not a bad plan. Perhaps I could do the same. He's the first person in our area with a First Choice mower and likes it. There are many articles about the quality of their other implements. See Box Scrapers by Gary in Indiana, or look up Aerators and Trescrows will tell you/show you his test results for their aerators. Several others have purchased items as well. So far no one has given them any bad marks, except me /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif since I haven't gotten mine yet.

The R4 tires do look cooler. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif but I like the turfs. I would have to defer to Kodiak on this issue since he caters to the picky rich and famous and their estates.

For Mowers, I am getting the First Choice 3ph mower myself. I don't have much to work around though. Best of luck in your choice.

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ?
Ok the Kubota B2710 may be aound $2000- $2200 cheaper then a NH 33D both with loaders but can the B2710 box scrape and handle the 72in rear mower?? It will be mowing 5 baseball fields and 2 football fields along with moving some dirt and box scrape all on level ground. Any ideas?????..

What are the pros and cons having a 27 hp B2710 vs. a NH TC 33D with the main Pro being saving $2200??????

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ? #14  
I think you'll find the Kubota B2710/2910 both on the small side for what you want them to do. Not so much in the horsepower area. But in weight, traction and overall ride/stability (ie: Less operator fatigue). you'll find that the wider longer stance and extra weight of the New holland TC29D or TC33D, as well as the Kubota L3010, will make a substantial difference in both loader and box blade operation. As well as considerably less fatigue from a long session of mowing. The tractors that I have spoken of above also have a bigger and more effeicent loader capability. And will handle a 6' box blade instead of a 5' for the B2710. I'm not sure what the B2910 will handle. I am also not sure as to how well a B2710 would effeicently pull a 6' rear finish mower. A 5' might be better for it. Just a tip, I went with a Woods 1012 loader and 66" HD bucket, on my New Holland TC29, as it has more lifting capacity and lifting height than the New Holland 7308 loader.

Question will this be your personal tractor, or are you looking at a park maintence contract? Will there be multiple operators, running this equipment?

Personnally I would suggest the New Holland TC29D, equipped with the New Holland 14LA loader or a Woods 1012. For implements you would do well with a First Choice 6'GM30-72 rear discharge 3pt finish mower, as well as their medium duty 6' box blade and one their 7' Landscape rakes. The latter I think you will find extremely useful for infeild maintenance, as well as gravel access road and parking area maintenance. Second choice would either be the TC33D or an L3010. But the final decision will be up to you. Good hunting.

P.S I think you will find that the First Choice RFM will hold up just as well as the Woods.

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ? #15  
Kch:

Just curious as to where your located? And is this your first tractor. If it is a word of warning, they can be addicting. It would be nice if you could add some more info to your bio.

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ?
Yes , this is the first tractor purchase for me. I knew nothing about a month ago when I started looking and soon became confused with all the options. Seems like the more i learned the more confused i got.........The tractor will be purchased by me for the purpose of maintaining the Little League. Since I am buying itmyself I want to make sure I get the right one. I don't want to buy then regret it. I have no knowlegde in this area, it is all new to me. Looks like I need to make up my mind before the end of the month even know i will not need it until next year because of all the rebates.

The best deal out there looks like on the L3010 as far as the money goes. It's really only $1500 more then a 2710. But the NH dealer is trying his best with $200 more then the L3010. I just was not sure which one would be best for the job and needed some help in that area. I may use it for some other things on the side. The L3010 is really large, but??????? and I don't want to be under size with the 2710. The loader on the L3010 and the 3 pt. lifting capacity is far better then the one one the TC 33 or 29. I did not know they make a 14LA loader for the NH. The dealer has never heard of it either. He was familar with Great Bend loaders? He said they are $500 cheaper then the NH one.
What color is your Woods Loader, Yellow or blue to match your tractor? Not that it really matters. He is checking on the Woods loader price but recommend the NH over both.
I also learned the NH dealer is open on sat. and said they will even bring a replacement tractor out for me to use if something ever goes wrong with mine to use till it is fixed. That's a good deal............

I went back and looked at the Kubota's and sat on the 2910 and 2710. I think they will be to small and the reverse pedal was way back next to the seat which made it hard to push for me. I also looked at the 3010, what a beast!!! That's a whole lot of tractor for not much more money then a B2710 and $200 less then the TC33. The kubota dealer looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about a replacement tractor if mine went down for some reason. Not open on sat either.........

I have not considered JD mainly because they are out of the game price wise.

All this this can give a guy a headache............

P.S I'm in Indiana....go hoosiers!!!!!! Thanks again!!!

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ?
I stopped and talked to a guy who had a TC 33D with a NH loader parked by his house. It had truf tires on it. I asked if liked the tractor and what he thought of the turf tires. He said let me show you something. He led me behind his house where he showed me a 1 1/2 acre pond that was dug out using only the front NH loader on the TC33 with turf tires. He said he even rolled the tractor 3 time in the process and put 730 hours on it. He laughed and said as long as you have your seat belt on your ok.............He said the tractor never missed a beat.

I did not know which to be more impressed with, the loader, the TC33 or the turf tires.........

needless to say that was a plus for the NH TC33.

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ? #18  
Kch:

I applaud you for being so community active. I also volunteer my tractor and myself to maintenance and inprovements at the local Boy Scout camp.

I think your New Holland dealer is really tring to bend over backwards for you. Also sounds like he will be there for you 100% after the sale is done. Rememeber this is also quite a publicity prize for the selling dealer, as maintaining those athletic feilds will show your brand of tractor to a lot of people. That might be a good pitch to see if he will lower the price some more. At least match that price for L3010, or throw in a free canopy, possibly with his name on it. When you said the the New Holland price was $200 more than the L3010, was that for the TC29D or the 33D? After reading the prices here on TBN on both those models, it appears that their is only about $600 between the 29D and the 33D. I still think that the TC29D would work for your needs just as well as the TC33D, and put you at or below the price of a L3010.

In regards to loaders. I am not knocking the New Holland 7308. Its just that I personnally wanted, needed/use a bigger capacity loader. As far as the Woods 1012 loader goes, it is a very good quality loader. From a company that has been making loaders for a long time. Yes my loader came with factory New Holland blue paint. I combined my TC29 with the Woods 1012 Loader and a Woods 7500 backhoe, (both in New holland blue) to make a very versatile pkg. My Woods 1012 loader cost $2500, as part of the tractor purchase. If I remember right that was @ $600 cheaper than the New Holland 7308 loader. Just a plug but you can get all your implements from First Choice, with a New Holland blue powder coat finsh. More durable than paint, for the same price. Any way back to loaders. Great Bend also makes very good loaders. One of the local John Deere dealers around here sells as many GB loaders as he does the Deere loaders.

Well It looks like you have all the factors to make your decision. Yes your right it appears that the better deals might go away at the end of the month. As far as not needing it to next year. Well Indiana gets a lot of snow doesn't it. Besides there are lots of little projects that you and your freinds will dream up while your waiting for next year. Its time to put that tension headache aside and enjoy your new tractor.

P.S. The last few post of the thread entitled "TC24D email", down under the "New Holland Buying And Pricing" forum contains some good info about the 12/14/16/17LA loaders.

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ? #19  
Kch:

Wow that guy rolled his tractor 3 times. Was there any apparent damage to his TC33D. Sound like he likes to put himself into situations that he shouldn't, to often. This does bring up one reason that I run the R4 tires instead of the turfs. Since turf tires are a flotation tire, and are generally run at a lower air pressure, their sidewalls flex a lot more. And there have been incidents of people blowing the bead on their front tires from the weight of full loader bucket while in a sharp turn. Or even turning their tractors over from to much tire flex while on a side hill, especially with a full loader bucket. I prefer the R4's because they have a stiffer sidewall.

/ b2910 or NH TC33D ?
That was what I thought was so incredible.....no damage at all. He said the rops and the loader protected the tractor, he just rolled it back over and kept on going.

The TC33 is only $400 different then the 29 and the 3010 was priced with turf tire so with R4's on the Kubota, that makes the NH cheaper.......So I am going with the NH TC33... I was going with NH anyway!!!!

First Chice 72 in finish mower and 72 in box scraper

Still not sure on the loader, waiting to hear what the NH dealer found out on the Woods loaders.

Thanks for all the help once again, I feel much better now and saved some $$$$$ in the process.