B2910 seems slower in medium

/ B2910 seems slower in medium #1  

nhman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
I could be imagining things, but it seems like the medium speed on my tractor is slower than it used to be. I now mow at high speed. Is there an adjustment on the hst pedal that needs to be tightened?

/ B2910 seems slower in medium #2  
There a couple of speed limiting stops under floor board. Front one controls forward speed. Could have something caught between stop and pedal.

/ B2910 seems slower in medium #3  
I could be imagining things, but it seems like the medium speed on my tractor is slower than it used to be. I now mow at high speed. Is there an adjustment on the hst pedal that needs to be tightened?

I have noticed the same thing on my B3030 and I'm hoping that it's just my imagination. I have checked for and ruled out any obstruction in the HST pedal linkage. If there was something preventing full pedal movement, I would probably notice a similar speed reduction in high range as well. But I don't - just in medium range. Don't know about low as I have never "floored it" in low range.

/ B2910 seems slower in medium #4  
For the first and second year that I owned my B3030 it would sometimes, after mowing for at least an hour, develop a catch in the movement of the HST pedal that prevented full speed. The immediate fix was to lift my foot off of the pedal and then press it down again. It would work fine for a while and then the same problem would reoccur randomly. I could never find any thing obstructing the movement of the linkage. I suspected that the pedal buffer was the cause, but never had the problem again after the second mowing season. It has worked perfect since and now has about 422 hours on the clock. I still don,t know why it did it. It only happened when I was in medium range as well, but I don,t think that had anything to do with it. Good luck.

/ B2910 seems slower in medium #5  
Had same thing on a 2630. Dealer couldn't replicate. Told them pivot pin didn't want to take grease easily, got grease thru it and was better for quite awhile then did it again one time.