B2920 and 5ft bushhog

/ B2920 and 5ft bushhog #1  

cgreenway

Tractor
09 Kubota B3030HSD-F
Hey out thier , any B2920 owners use a 5' bush hog and a 5' boxblade??, the dealers have been swearing my buddie off of the b2920 and telling him he needs a bigger unit, B3030 or so, the price difference between the 2 around here are about 4k, so its a bit of money, he only has a bout 2 acres to bush hog and use a box blade in his yard and ect, and he's gonna use it to mow his yard the remander of the time, I think he could get away with the B2920, with his field being somewhat level, thanks,

/ B2920 and 5ft bushhog #2  
I'd say the 5' bush hog will be fine as long as he has enough weight on the front. I'd probably do a 54" boxblade though.

/ B2920 and 5ft bushhog #3  
I use a 4ft. BB on my 2620 and it pulls it no problem. (about 475 lbs) I actually sometimes wish I bought the 5 footer but they didnt have any in stock at the time of purchase so I got a discount on the 4' If their is a loader on the tractor this should supply ample weight in the front to offset the brush hog

/ B2920 and 5ft bushhog #4  
Hey out thier , any B2920 owners use a 5' bush hog and a 5' boxblade??, the dealers have been swearing my buddie off of the b2920 and telling him he needs a bigger unit, B3030 or so, the price difference between the 2 around here are about 4k, so its a bit of money, he only has a bout 2 acres to bush hog and use a box blade in his yard and ect, and he's gonna use it to mow his yard the remander of the time, I think he could get away with the B2920, with his field being somewhat level, thanks,

It will pull the 5' hog fine. Sure... you can bog it down... but you could with a 40hp tractor also. Weight shouldn't be a problem as long as it is a medium to light duty cutter and you have a FEL or weights on the front. I actually pull a 5' with my 18hp/15 PTO hp tractor. It does fine as long as I pace myself to the conditions. The box blade might not work quite as well. If you are just smoothing out the driveway or something it would be fine. But pulling a load of dirt or running with the scarifiers down the tractor just doesn't weigh enough to be real efficient. A 54" might be a better choice... kinda depends on what you want to use it for.

/ B2920 and 5ft bushhog #5  
I use a 5 foot rotary cutter on my 3030. It handles it with no problem. I should have gotten a 6 foot one. I do keep the loader on to add counter weight to the front. You should have no problem with a 5 footer. I have a 5 foot box blade. It is wide enough to cover the track of the rear wheels. When the box fills up I need to put it in 4 wheel drive when grading the steep part of my road. I think a 5 foot blade might be a little big for you.

/ B2920 and 5ft bushhog #6  
I just got my new 2920 home on December 22 and I would not hesitate to put a 5 foot weed mower behind it. I did use my 5 foot light weight weed mower behind mine in dry weeds and it handled it just fine. I had a 6 foot rear blade behind it and a 5 foot box blade(King Kutter). The 2920 has plenty of power for its size. I would only hesitate in hills and then only to keep the front end on the ground. My next challenge will be to see if I will be able to pull my 6 foot tandem disc.

/ B2920 and 5ft bushhog #7  
Have had a B2920 since mid summer. Pull Woods 65" heavy duty box scraper without any issue. A freind borrowed it the cut sunflowers before dove season and then cut paths in his crp with a 6' brush hog that he owns after his 45hp was involved in a flood. He said it had plenty of power but since his tractor sat a least a foot higher he was concerned with high centering it crossing waterways.