Buying Advice B2920 vs B2630

/ B2920 vs B2630 #21  
I am going to back davatk on this one. When I physically got to sit on both of the tractors I liked the 2630 better. The bigger size is what I liked as I have a fairly open yard to cut. One of the options I liked was the quick connect front bucket, and the 60" bucket that I chose. Something else to ask the dealer, when I ordered mine in June Kubota had a $1000 rebate on the 2630. That alone sold me on the 2630 as the price difference was minimal then. I love my 2630 and have never second guessed my decision. The ground contact mower cuts my 3 acres great!! Thanks for all your help in
MY decision davatk!!

You are welcome hitower. Glad you are enjoying yours as much as me. :thumbsup:

/ B2920 vs B2630 #22  
I vasilated between the same two tractors (I moved up from a BX22) - it was not until I sat on them side by side did I make my decision. The seat of the pants told me the 2x20 series was what would work best for me since I wanted maneuverability in the woods and in tight areas (the 2630 felt like I was ridding a monster) but if I had much more open space the 2630 / 3030 or a L would be the ticket (I do like the fact you sit down between the rear tires rather than above them) For my applications the 2920 was perfect. As for the 1/4 inching - I got over it - for me it was not a deal breaker. Love my 2920 - never looked back.

Attachments

• P1010289.JPG
    P1010289.JPG
    698.2 KB · Views: 367
   / B2920 vs B2630 #23  
Ok...I'm having the same debate and have read all of the posts I can find on this subject - and need your advice... :D
I will be working in the woods, clearing stumps, brushhogging trails, as well as erecting a pole barn and fence, expanding some streams and creating a small pond.
With that use in mind (12+ Acres) - which is better platform for using a mounting a backhoe on AND manueverability?

I won't be using it for for mowing (maybe in time), although perhaps snowthrowing in the winter.

I like the layout on the B2920, but the heavier frame of the 2630 is appealing - but the dealer doesn't have any in stock to compare. :confused2:

Any owner's there to help me out?
Thanks!

/ B2920 vs B2630 #24  
I think you'll find the B2630 to be quite rare. Production stopped, or really slowed, some time back on those, I do believe. Shame. But the 3030 is still out there, if you look.

The 30 series is a premium tractor is every respect. The 20 series, which I own, is acknowledged to be an economy, price-point sensitive tractor.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #25  
I think you'll find the B2630 to be quite rare. Production stopped, or really slowed, some time back on those, I do believe. Shame. But the 3030 is still out there, if you look.

The 30 series is a premium tractor is every respect. The 20 series, which I own, is acknowledged to be an economy, price-point sensitive tractor.

Thanks for that intel.
I know they still have the 2630 and 2930 on the webpage - I'll check and see what I can gleam.
The loader position on the 2920 is about the only thing I see favorable. How does the one on the Bxx30 "work" in terms of ergonomics? Without seeing one, I may have to go on others opinions.
There is a fella relatively close selling his 2007 3030 with FEL and only 76 hours.

Anyone else got an idea on mounting a backhoe on the 2920 or 3030? Is the frame better on the 3030?

/ B2920 vs B2630 #26  
Some time back Messick and other said the 2630 was being discontinued. I remember when the B7800 was discontinued it remained on their web site for quite some time and my dealer had several on his lot.

Unlike the 7800 however, the 2630 never sold in very high numbers so the availability is going to be much less.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #27  
I don't have any experience on the bxx30's other than having seen one, but I do own a b2920. I use it a LOT in the woods for chipping, clearing, and maintenance work (trails and drainage). I have the BH65 Backhoe on it and have been very happy with it. It's very maneuverable in the woods, with the BH on it can be a bit long, but you're going to have that in any machine with a FEL and BH. The BH has plenty of power and if you get the thumb its good for moving rocks, logs etc. One thing to note if you plan to work in the woods, you'll want to make sure you get a fold down ROPS and no cab or canopy. The dealer had a canopy tractor (b2320) that was used in the woods and the canopy was trashed from catching branches. I would also highly recommend loaded tires on either model, mine has had very good traction with loaded turfs in both snow and mud. The B3030 is a great machine by the looks of it, but for me it was a lot more money for features I really didn't care about and I liked the smaller frame on the b2920 better because I work in some tight places in the woods and around buildings where inches really do count. I also wanted to keep weight down if possible to avoid too much soil compaction in the woods or lawn damage.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #28  
Yep, before you get too deep into your shopping, have your dealer make SURE he can still get a 2630. I really doubt you will be able to get one. If you can, I'd expect a hefty discount, since I'd consider it a waaaay leftover. With that being said, it IS a great tractor. It has about a four inch longer wheelbase, and has greater lift capacity front and rear than the 2920. As far as the loader valve goes..... if you are able to order a 2630, you should be able to have your dealer set it up with the cabbed style loader joystick (if you prefer), which puts your loader stick at your right thigh like the 2920.

Some places where the 2630 would shine:

All the deluxe options.... extendable lower arms and telescoping sway links. Makes changing attachments a breeze.
Tilt wheel
Suspended seat w/armrests.
Hydrostatic steering
Would be more suited to a 5 foot bush hog and 6 foot finish mower, and a 7 to 8 foot backhoe.

Places where a 2920 would shine:

Horsepower to weight ratio.
Factory backhoe package is more compact, therefore more maneuverable.
More nimble as a mower...... and doing anything in tight spaces.
Would be more suited to a four foot bush hog, a five foot finish mower, and a 6 to 7 foot backhoe.

Good luck with your shopping.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #29  
Yep, before you get too deep into your shopping, have your dealer make SURE he can still get a 2630. I really doubt you will be able to get one. If you can, I'd expect a hefty discount, since I'd consider it a waaaay leftover. With that being said, it IS a great tractor. It has about a four inch longer wheelbase, and has greater lift capacity front and rear than the 2920. As far as the loader valve goes..... if you are able to order a 2630, you should be able to have your dealer set it up with the cabbed style loader joystick (if you prefer), which puts your loader stick at your right thigh like the 2920.

Some places where the 2630 would shine:

All the deluxe options.... extendable lower arms and telescoping sway links. Makes changing attachments a breeze.
Tilt wheel
Suspended seat w/armrests.
Hydrostatic steering
Would be more suited to a 5 foot bush hog and 6 foot finish mower, and a 7 to 8 foot backhoe.

Places where a 2920 would shine:

Horsepower to weight ratio.
Factory backhoe package is more compact, therefore more maneuverable.
More nimble as a mower...... and doing anything in tight spaces.
Would be more suited to a four foot bush hog, a five foot finish mower, and a 6 to 7 foot backhoe.

Good luck with your shopping.

Thanks for the great help.
Does anyone know if you can get the B3000 without a cab? The lineup I got from the dealer tonight has the 2630, 2930 and 3000 all in one writeup as their premier B-series.
Otherwise, perhaps the 3200 is a good sub for the 3030 or 2630? I like the FEL joystick setup better on the 2920 and 3200.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #30  
I've never seen a B3000 without a cab. Frankly, I still haven't figured out Kubota's game plan when they stripped the 3030 of most of it's deluxe features and renaming it a 3000. Are the new open station 3030s going to have the same fate? I dunno.

As far as the 3200 goes, you will have the wheelbase / width of the 2630 and 3030 / 3000 without the deluxe features. This will give you the larger lift capacity and ability to run the bigger implements. Also a bonus, in my opinion, is the 3200 uses the same integrated backhoe design of the 23/26/2920. It makes for a more compact, manueverable, TLB. Just take a look at a B30 / 2630 with a backhoe and see how it hangs off of the back of the tractor with a second seat for backhoe operation..... where the Kubota hoe on the 3200 tucks in tight to the tractor and uses the tractor seat as the backhoe seat.

The downside to the 3200, is it loses all the deluxe features. Quarter inching valve, not position control. No deluxe three point hitch which can make changing implements more of a chore. Steering box vs. hydrostatic steering. No suspended seat nor tilt wheel.

All of the above are excellent tractors, it just comes down to what features are most important to you.

In the interest of full discloseure ..... do some reading here on the 3200. There have been a few complaints about vibration. The best I can tell it has been attributed to Kubota 'leaning out' the engine to meet the newer emission requirements. It has been a small minority of 3200 owners..... but something you should know about.

If the joystick position is an issue for you, both the 2630 and 3030 can be ordered with the remote joystick of the cabbed tractors. You probably will not find one on a dealers lot set up this way, but it can be done and I'd expect the price difference from the loader mast mounted stick to be minimal. Here is a pic of member bandit67's 3030 that was ordered that way.

Attachments

• 155_5517.JPG
    155_5517.JPG
    605.5 KB · Views: 301