Buying Advice B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #32  
I drove a B7510 for 5 years, but when I moved up to the B3200 the comfort level increased dramatically. I am not as tired and can get on and off the B3200 easier. If you are old enough to retire those are valid considerations. I find the placement of the levers much better. On the B7510 I sit a bit too forward of my shift and 3 point levers. On the B3200 the are more just to my right, more comfortable. At retirement age comfort will go a long way. I have not had an issue with vibration with my 3200 ... but I seldom operate it at max - mostly 1600 to 2000 for FEL work. At 1600 the hydraulics are smoother than at 2000. If the tractor will do what you want it to do go for comfort and ease of use. You will be able to stay on it longer and do more. Kubota Hydraulics .. the FEL will move up or down and the bucket will dump or curl at the same time. A feature not on every tractor. Love it. Also find the 3 speed ranges to be very useful.

FYI, if it helps, you can get a step for the B3200. I found it on the Kubota parts list and had the dealer install it before they delivered the tractor.
The part number for the step is listed as 6A700-51350, Option # U93500
Makes getting on the tractor a little easier. My wife likes it a lot, not saying she's short...vertically challenged maybe, but she's got just as much seat time as me on the tractor.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck
FYI, if it helps, you can get a step for the B3200. I found it on the Kubota parts list and had the dealer install it before they delivered the tractor.
The part number for the step is listed as 6A700-51350, Option # U93500
Makes getting on the tractor a little easier. My wife likes it a lot, not saying she's short...vertically challenged maybe, but she's got just as much seat time as me on the tractor.

After test driving both and much consideration today I think the kubota is more comfortable and I would feel more comfortable buying it than the max. This is for a number of reasons. I like the loader joystick position and also the bigger size tractor and loader. The attachments are of better quality and should last longer although the price is higher - you get what you pay for I guess. The plan is to keep this tractor for many years and my gut says to go orange. So it looks like I made my decision. Thanks everyone for all the valuable input. Now I just have to let the dealers know and get a check. I'll post some pics when the new baby arrives home!

After much thought I'm going with the kubota for many reasons. It feels more comfortable both physically and mentally. The plan is to keep it for many years hence all the research and questions. Thanks for all the valuable input and help. I'll be sure to post some pics when the new baby arrives home!

Sorry I got all screwed up with my posts and thought the first didn't go through.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #36  
Sorry I got all screwed up with my posts and thought the first didn't go through.
That's okay..........you're probably nervous/excited.:D

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #37  
After much thought I'm going with the kubota for many reasons. It feels more comfortable both physically and mentally. The plan is to keep it for many years hence all the research and questions. Thanks for all the valuable input and help. I'll be sure to post some pics when the new baby arrives home!

I bought mine with zero down and zero % financing for 60 months. Reasonable monthly payment which I have automatically drafted. I like working on their money. If you are paying up front ask if they have a discount for cash. I could have gone either way.

Cash is king. Getting $1000 rebate which helped bring the price closer to the max. Don't know if its an instant rebate at purchase or not. I'll find out Monday when I talk to dealer again. I think I'll skip the rotary cutter for now and pick one up at auction or Craigslist in the spring. We just moved to this place and I don't know what condition the fields are in. I would hate to beat the crud out of a brand new shiny cutter.

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #39  
Cash is king. Getting $1000 rebate which helped bring the price closer to the max. Don't know if its an instant rebate at purchase or not. I'll find out Monday when I talk to dealer again. I think I'll skip the rotary cutter for now and pick one up at auction or Craigslist in the spring. We just moved to this place and I don't know what condition the fields are in. I would hate to beat the crud out of a brand new shiny cutter.

Well you can't go wrong with Kubota! The b3200 is a great tractor.

Just be cognizant of the 3pt. Hitch; 1/4 inching valve...

May not be an issue for you but I know it is for many owners. You would need to step up to the b3000 or older b3030 series (premium features) to get the position control on 3pt hitch.

Also make sure you have (if needed) the mid PTO in your quote as it is an option on the b3200!

I'm sure you can get your dealer down at least another $2-500 if you really try! Or maybe see if the can switch the wheels out for b3300su wheels/tires?

They are not selling like they used to because of the economy.

Good luck and awaiting pictures!

Eric

/ B2920 vs B3200HSD vs Max28XL - I'm stuck #40  
Or he could step to a B3000 and have a cab:D