B2x20 hydraulic screen location?

/ B2x20 hydraulic screen location? #1  

steverichmond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320
I'm a new owner of a B2320 and looking ahead at the 50 hr service. I'm unable to find any reference to the hydraulic screen location in the owners manual. (I may just be missing it) Where is it located?

Thanks,
Steve

/ B2x20 hydraulic screen location? #2  
Don't quote me but I think some of the newer Kubota's don't have the screens.

/ B2x20 hydraulic screen location?
The owners manual don't reference it anywhere I can find. Maybe you are right. Anyone?

/ B2x20 hydraulic screen location? #4  
I have a 2620 and was told by my dealer (when he was looking up the filters I'll need for my 50 hour service) that my tractor has no screen.

Of course, we all know just how accurate Kubota's documentation is....don't we?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It seems strange that Kubota would do away with the screen on these tractors. I was reading an active thread here on TBN talking about the importance of the screen. Very odd.

Thanks

/ B2x20 hydraulic screen location? #6  
It seems strange that Kubota would do away with the screen on these tractors. I was reading an active thread here on TBN talking about the importance of the screen. Very odd.

Thanks

Read the 12th post in the thread below. It explains why mesh screens 'may' do more harm than good. Basically, static electricity builds up in the screens and causes the oil to solidify, which then blocks the strainer and starves the HST.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/131019-b2710-hyd-strainer-2.html

Some newer tractors have done away with metal mesh screens but I think they may have moved or added additional disposable filters to make up for it.

Last edited:
   / B2x20 hydraulic screen location? #7  
Nice thread. I wondered also as I have a 2620 with the 2 filters.

Nice response Alchem from down under... Would sure like to visit your County someday.

Had never thought about the electric static stuff but there sure was a lot of shavings on my previous owned BX2200 when I did the 50 hour. I was impressed with what was in the screen. Assume it was magnetic or from the other thread became magnetic because a lot of stuff was sticking to it............

Tom

Thanks Alchem!! Your post was very helpful. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again.