B3000 with Cab

/ B3000 with Cab #1  

DirtMerchant

Tractor
2012 L4240C
I was eyeballing a new B3000 at the local dealer this morning, interested in hearing from anyone who owns one and likes dislikes.

I plan to use it on 5acres for mowing, post holes, trenching (with BH option) tree planting, snow plowing, back filling etc. Not heavy work but standing next to it, it just seems less than what I need.

I definitely want a cab tractor and a FEL with a BH, and this one is basically the smallest with a Cab and backhoe options, just would like to get opinions.

/ B3000 with Cab #2  
I have a B3030, which is the same tractor except Kubota gave them a name change when they decided to offer the tractor without all of the B3030's deluxe options (in theory, to be able to offer them at a cheaper price). I am 110% happy with mine and it has about 400 hours on it currently. I have a Woods BH-80X backhoe on mine, as well as the factory optional front mounted snowblower. The tractor has loads of power for its size, and will always run out of traction before it runs out of power. The tractor is very comfortable to operate in any season with it's heat and air conditioning. You are correct that it is the smallest factory cab available in any brand. Mine is perfectly sized for me, but only you can decide if it is too small for your needs. FWIW, it will run a 5 foot bush hog and 6 foot finish mower. On the other hand, it is probably a little light for alot of ground engaging work. I'm not aware of any real problems with them, but feel free to use the search function here for boat loads of reading on the B3030 and B3000. The meat and potatos of the tractor are mostly unchanged since 05 (or was it 04?) when it was introduced.

Last edited:
   / B3000 with Cab #3  
I second Ductape's opinions. My 3030 has pretty much done everything I needed from it. Too bad you didn't live closer, I'd make you a deal on mine! ;)

/ B3000 with Cab #4  
I second Ductape's opinions. My 3030 has pretty much done everything I needed from it. Too bad you didn't live closer, I'd make you a deal on mine! ;)

I did try to sell yours to my brother in-law...... but i think the distance squashed any possibility. ;)

/ B3000 with Cab #5  
I did try to sell yours to my brother in-law...... but i think the distance squashed any possibility. ;)

I appreciate it! Never did get a solid answer on the BH 77 question. I emailed my dealer today. Maybe if it doesn't sell I can swap it in on a skid steer snow blower and either upgrade my flatbed trailer to a tilt bed or get a dump trailer. But of course the first pick would be just to sell it outright.
With the economy and with me being a private seller who won't finance makes it a tougher sell.

/ B3000 with Cab #6  
I have never been in one but have heard the cab is noisy inside. They would make a really nice mower.

/ B3000 with Cab
I have a B3030, which is the same tractor except Kubota gave them a name change when they decided to offer the tractor without all of the B3030's deluxe options (in theory, to be able to offer them at a cheaper price). I am 110% happy with mine and it has about 400 hours on it currently. I have a Woods BH-80X backhoe on mine, as well as the factory optional front mounted snowblower. The tractor has loads of power for its size, and will always run out of traction before it runs out of power. The tractor is very comfortable to operate in any season with it's heat and air conditioning. You are correct that it is the smallest factory cab available in any brand. Mine is perfectly sized for me, but only you can decide if it is too small for your needs. FWIW, it will run a 5 foot bush hog and 6 foot finish mower. On the other hand, it is probably a little light for alot of ground engaging work. I'm not aware of any real problems with them, but feel free to use the search function here for boat loads of reading on the B3030 and B3000. The meat and potatos of the tractor are mostly unchanged since 05 (or was it 04?) when it was introduced.

I have a fair amount backhoe and loading work to do on the property which makes me nervous about the size, I am going to stop at the dealer again today and speak to a sales guy and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the input, it is good to know that its a perfect fit for some.

/ B3000 with Cab #8  
I have never been in one but have heard the cab is noisy inside. They would make a really nice mower.

You heard correctly. When running at PTO rated speed, I discovered that it pretty much was a waste of time to install the stereo.
I have no idea whether Kubota has addressed this when the cab moved from the B3030 to the B3000.

Last edited:
   / B3000 with Cab #9  
I'm going to respectfully disagree on the noise. Its definitely not as quiet as the Grand L, and other mid sized cabs, but worlds better than no cab. I have no complaints on the noise at all..... might not be as quiet as I'd like, but its about where I'd figure it would be.

DirtMerchant.... here is a finish mowing video (camera suction-cupped to the inside of the window) with the factory optional radio on at a moderate volume.

Landpride FDR1560 & Kubota B3030 - YouTube

/ B3000 with Cab #10  
I did get an ebay bid from St. Albans, VT. That wasn't him was it?