B3030 50 hour service cost

/ B3030 50 hour service cost #1  

bowhunter3030

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L4060hstc & Kubota B2601
What can I expect a dealer to charge to do the 50 hour service on a B3030?

/ B3030 50 hour service cost #2  
I recieved a flyer from a local Kubota dealer. Service for a B series is $379.00. The flyer gives a list of what they perform and it looks comparable to the 50 hour service. The flyer indicates that they change the oil and oil filter; fuel filter; inner and outer air filters; hydraulic oil and filter; transmission oil and filter; oil in front axle and hubs; grease all fittings; check engine coolant and clean radiator; check and adjust tire pressure; clean and charge the battery; check and adjust clutch, brakes and belts; check lights and gauges; check all controls and functions; and power wash the tractor. If you have a cab, add $60 for a cab filter.

Jim

/ B3030 50 hour service cost #3  
AB4D:

That's a little over the top.

The cab filter needs cleaned not changed (compressed air and a wash in soapy water) and the inner filter on the air cleaner should only be changed after (6) cleanings of the outer filter which washes just like the cabin filter. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you wait to grease the front axle pivot point and the FEL pins at 50 hours, the damage to the pivot and the pins has already been done, they are already galled. That should be done every 10 hours at least with a good ep grease.

I like "check the lights and gauges". Turn them on and if they don't operate, charge more.

I, for one, have always believed in supporting my local dealer, but, I mean support, not inflate. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B3030 50 hour service cost #4  
[If you wait to grease the front axle pivot point and the FEL pins at 50 hours, the damage to the pivot and the pins has already been done, they are already galled. That should be done every 10 hours at least with a good ep grease.]

Daryl,

I agree that you should grease the tractor at least every ten hours, if not sooner. If you think the pricing for service seems over the top then I will have to agree with you on that point also. I don't know that much about what Kubota dealers charge for service because I like to do all of my maintenance work myself /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I received the information in the mail the other day and I figured I would just pass it along.

Jim

/ B3030 50 hour service cost #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
If you wait to grease the front axle pivot point and the FEL pins at 50 hours, the damage to the pivot and the pins has already been done, they are already galled. That should be done every 10 hours at least with a good ep grease.
)</font>

I can see no way, shape nor form TO grease the front axle pivot point on my B3030.? No grease fitting..or anything. In fact.all it says about in the service manual is to "adjust" it at 400 hours..??

/ B3030 50 hour service cost #7  
Sully:

You have to get into the L series (I believe) to have a fitting on the front pivot. My mistake, I always think bigger units. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B3030 50 hour service cost #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sully:

You have to get into the L series (I believe) to have a fitting on the front pivot. My mistake, I always think bigger units. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Oh..I see how it is. We "little people" with the toy tractors....LMAO

I'll get ya for that....LMAO.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B3030 50 hour service cost #9  
Daryl,

Yes and No, the dealer who sent me the flyer is in Winchester, VA, I purchased a BX23 from them back in February 2005. However, the L3430 came from the Kubota Dealer in Woodstock, VA. Both dealers are almost the same distance from my home.

Jim

/ B3030 50 hour service cost #10  
Sully:

I apologize.
That came across all wrong.
My first Kubota was a 15 horse 3 cylinder 4wd Hydro with a 60" mid mount deck. Actually, I wish I had it today.

The only reason I don't have a CUT is that CUT won't perform the jobs on the farm that I require of a tractor. I wish they would. Your tractor is way more agile and the cost is way less than mine.

Tell you what. I know sometime you will come up here and visit Cabela's. When you do, you can stop by and play with my big tractors. Then I'll take you to town and a home cooked lunch at the local resturant. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bring your "little" tractor along and I'll machine, drill, tap and install a zerk and relief plug in the pivot just like the bigger tractors so you will have another place to grease. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif