Oil & Fuel B3030 and starting out with Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD)

/ B3030 and starting out with Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) #11  
If you are uncertain about the quality of your diesel fuel, I would add Power Service (white or gray bottle; different mixes but both will boost lubricity).

Personally I get my diesel from one source (Meijer, a large grocery chain that has gas stations) that has reliable premium diesel and I have had zero problems. I have two diesel trucks and I can tell the difference between this source and basic #2 diesel sold by stations that don't care what's in the fuel.

I have used biodiesel (B20, which is 20% bio) in my trucks with no problems and noticeably less soot. As noted, it also boosts lubricity even when it's as low as 2%. I have not yet used it in my tractor because the dealer specifically told me not to and I'm debating whether to take a risk (again, no problems using it in two trucks - a 2005 and 2006).

/ B3030 and starting out with Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) #12  
The story on biodiesel seems to be that it is a wonderful solvent.... thus, if placed in a vehicle it will disolve gunk and deposits... clogging up fuel filters until the fuel system gets clean. Then, apparently, older vehicles have rubber components, fuel lines, etc, that are dissolved by the biodiesel, and this, too, can cause problems/leaks. However, there are newer diesel tractors that have their rubber components fixed to handle biodiesel. So, Deends on the particular vehicle as to the effect of biodiesel in it. Kubota dealers can tell you if your model is OK for biodiesel... I don't know about John Deere but assume thay can as well.