B3030 brake pedals

/ B3030 brake pedals #21  
On the B3030 the cruise control is a lever on the right. You can drive the tractor with it and never step on the hydro pedal, of course you will never be able to back up. So it is quite easy to use the cruise and the brake at the same time.

/ B3030 brake pedals #22  
On the B3030 the cruise control is a lever on the right. You can drive the tractor with it and never step on the hydro pedal, of course you will never be able to back up. So it is quite easy to use the cruise and the brake at the same time.

/ B3030 brake pedals #23  
I have a B3030 and use a 60" MMM. I have never encountered a situation when mowing on a sidehill where it would not turn or I had any problem at all keeping it going straight. I you are mowing on a steep enough sidehill that it causes steering problems then I would say you are in a very dangerous situation. If necessary, you could always mow in 4WD.

I don't care for the brakes being on the same side as the Hydro pedal, either. While you can use the cruise lever and the individual brakes at the same time, left side brakes would be better on those rare occasions where they are needed. Where I have had problems is when I park on a downhill slope, stop, set the parking brakes and then want to back up the hill. In those instances it is necessary to put both legs on the right side so the brakes can be released as reverse pressure is applied to the Hydro pedal. I have thought about adding an extra pedal on the left side so that when the brake pedals are locked together I could use the left side brake pedal to stop or hold the tractor on a slope. I think it is doable since there is already a hole in the platform floor and the brake pedal shaft goes through the frame to the left side where a pedal could be welded to it. That is a project that may or may not happen down the road a ways.

Other than the minor brake pedal location problem, I could not be more pleased with the performance of my B3030.

/ B3030 brake pedals #24  
I have a B3030 and use a 60" MMM. I have never encountered a situation when mowing on a sidehill where it would not turn or I had any problem at all keeping it going straight. I you are mowing on a steep enough sidehill that it causes steering problems then I would say you are in a very dangerous situation. If necessary, you could always mow in 4WD.

I don't care for the brakes being on the same side as the Hydro pedal, either. While you can use the cruise lever and the individual brakes at the same time, left side brakes would be better on those rare occasions where they are needed. Where I have had problems is when I park on a downhill slope, stop, set the parking brakes and then want to back up the hill. In those instances it is necessary to put both legs on the right side so the brakes can be released as reverse pressure is applied to the Hydro pedal. I have thought about adding an extra pedal on the left side so that when the brake pedals are locked together I could use the left side brake pedal to stop or hold the tractor on a slope. I think it is doable since there is already a hole in the platform floor and the brake pedal shaft goes through the frame to the left side where a pedal could be welded to it. That is a project that may or may not happen down the road a ways.

Other than the minor brake pedal location problem, I could not be more pleased with the performance of my B3030.

/ B3030 brake pedals
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a B3030 and use a 60" MMM. I have never encountered a situation when mowing on a sidehill where it would not turn or I had any problem at all keeping it going straight. I you are mowing on a steep enough sidehill that it causes steering problems then I would say you are in a very dangerous situation. If necessary, you could always mow in 4WD.

Other than the minor brake pedal location problem, I could not be more pleased with the performance of my B3030. )</font>

Thanks Toolguy,,, that's the kind of information I was looking for. I didn't know if the shaft extended thru the machine and was exposed on the left side. I knew there would be a hole in the platform for the clutch pedal if so equipped. Sounds like something that could be fixed as you described!!!
I also hadn't thought abou the parking on a steep grade issue. Not being able to unlock the brakes and engage reverse at the same time!!!
Thanks to all for the info. Still don't understand why they don't offer the brake pedals on the left side on the Hydro models since the shaft is already over there. But sounds like it could be fixed. Just hate to buy a $16,000 tractor that needs to be welded on. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Otherwise looks like a great tractor!!!

/ B3030 brake pedals
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a B3030 and use a 60" MMM. I have never encountered a situation when mowing on a sidehill where it would not turn or I had any problem at all keeping it going straight. I you are mowing on a steep enough sidehill that it causes steering problems then I would say you are in a very dangerous situation. If necessary, you could always mow in 4WD.

Other than the minor brake pedal location problem, I could not be more pleased with the performance of my B3030. )</font>

Thanks Toolguy,,, that's the kind of information I was looking for. I didn't know if the shaft extended thru the machine and was exposed on the left side. I knew there would be a hole in the platform for the clutch pedal if so equipped. Sounds like something that could be fixed as you described!!!
I also hadn't thought abou the parking on a steep grade issue. Not being able to unlock the brakes and engage reverse at the same time!!!
Thanks to all for the info. Still don't understand why they don't offer the brake pedals on the left side on the Hydro models since the shaft is already over there. But sounds like it could be fixed. Just hate to buy a $16,000 tractor that needs to be welded on. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Otherwise looks like a great tractor!!!

/ B3030 brake pedals #27  
Hi guys, I thought it might be appropriate to drop in a picture or two of the deck of a B3030 and its cruise control. I don't have a pic of the hole in the left side of the deck but yes there's one (for a manual PTO clutch) but it's an hydraulic PTO clutch on a B3030 and there's no option available about that. So why there's a hole? Good question!

Attachments

• 895952-DSC02998.jpg
    895952-DSC02998.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 156
   / B3030 brake pedals #28  
Hi guys, I thought it might be appropriate to drop in a picture or two of the deck of a B3030 and its cruise control. I don't have a pic of the hole in the left side of the deck but yes there's one (for a manual PTO clutch) but it's an hydraulic PTO clutch on a B3030 and there's no option available about that. So why there's a hole? Good question!

/ B3030 brake pedals #29  
Last one.

Attachments

• 895953-DSC02990.jpg
    895953-DSC02990.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 135