B3030 FEL w/grapple hooks

/ B3030 FEL w/grapple hooks #11  
needtractor said:
Nice pictures of the grapple installed but I do have a question...do you have a problem, since you are not using teeth on tht bottom like a regualr grapple, with getting dirt off the roots, etc?

no, not for my application which is mostly picking up logs and rocks. I have a toothbar on the bucket that is good for digging and also helps me get the logs and rocks up enough so I can clamp down on the log or rock.

I really like that my bucket is on all the time and I can remove the grapple in minutes by taking out two pins holding it in place and pulling the quick disconnect hoses off.

The WR Long electric valve kit allows full operation of the bucket functions and opening/closing the grapple at the touch of a button right on the loader joystick.

/ B3030 FEL w/grapple hooks #12  
amigauser said:
Found the URL for the grapple aka Brush Crusher that does not require any added tractor hydraulics. It uses the normal bucket curl function.

Front-End Loaders by Westendorf: loader for tractor, shade canopy, wagons, manure & landscaping equipment.

I would still recommend the ATI Tach-All q/a and a quick attach grapple over this setup. That is unless you just want to use the tractor as a grapple device and never use the bucket.

Norm

The BC-4000 looks very good and very well priced -
ModelDescription
List Price
BC3000
Brush crusher small
$825
BC4000 Brush crusher medium
$985
BC5000
Brush crusher large
$1,305
BC6000
Brush crusher with power teeth
$2,025
BC7000
Brush crusher/skid steer mount
$2,100

/ B3030 FEL w/grapple hooks
Hello all,

I started this thread and you all foreared some good info. However, everything considered, I've decided to have 2 hooks welded on either side of the top of the loader in reverse fashion. Then I can load up the bucket with brush and use a rope/chain to carry a load of:) brush to the burn pile. Kind of the "poor man's lobster" approach.

thanks again for all your input,
Kirklowj

/ B3030 FEL w/grapple hooks #14  
that was my orginal plan as well-see attached picture. I had a 25' sling- choker made up ($40) that allows me to strap many logs (depending on the size of them) up and pull them - Pre-Made FSE Choker from Baileys-online.com

I found that for safety you should keep the bucket low and distribute the load evenly between the hooks; I use a 6' wire rope with loops at each end attached to the bucket hooks. I put the loop of the sling-choker through the 6' wire rope. Then back up very slowly.

Now rather then pulling in reverse I hook the sling choker to my rear drawbar and pull fowards.

Attachments

• B7800 with hooks.JPG
    B7800 with hooks.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 239
   / B3030 FEL w/grapple hooks
Northland,

It sounds like the setup you used with the choker sling etc. will be very similar to my plan. I'm still searching for the type of hooks to use that can be welded securly to the bucket. I want to use the same size as the ones on my ratchet binder that will except a 3/8" to 1/2" chain / cable. What type of hooks did you use and did you have to fabricate something to weld them on the bucket?:confused:

kirklowj

/ B3030 FEL w/grapple hooks #16  
the dealer welded the hooks prior to delivery. They welded the hooks on to a 2.5x3" piece of angle iron that in turn was welded to the to the top of the bucket - see my picture and that of another TBN member's JD set-up.

I used that same configuration when I had a 3x3" piece of angle iron welded to the bucket to keep my grapple in place.

I'm not sure of the hook size but they could have been a bit larger

Attachments

• hooks.jpg
    hooks.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 246
  • hooks2.jpg
    hooks2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 219