B3030 gear selector control indicator.

/ B3030 gear selector control indicator. #1  

John White

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
My gear shift selector (speed) is off about halfway. How can I adjust it so it reads right? I looked underneath and saw no adjustment. The only way I see is to peel off the selector label and reattach it or order a new one.

/ B3030 gear selector control indicator. #2  
Mine has the same issue and there appears to be no way to easily adjust the lever. What I ended up doing was using thin strips of white tape to indicate the actual lever position of the L-M-N-H location in relation to the badly offset sticker. Too many times I was trying to move the lever to the position of the indicator letter only to find the transmission disengaged. Now I just move the lever to the appropriate white tape segment and all is well.

Dsc09107.jpg

Dsc09104.jpg

/ B3030 gear selector control indicator. #3  
Mine has the same issue and there appears to be no way to easily adjust the lever. What I ended up doing was using thin strips of white tape to indicate the actual lever position of the L-M-N-H location in relation to the badly offset sticker. Too many times I was trying to move the lever to the position of the indicator letter only to find the transmission disengaged. Now I just move the lever to the appropriate white tape segment and all is well.

View attachment 557080

View attachment 557079
Clever resolution. I'm used to the incorrect offset, but will add a correct positioning marker. Thanks.

/ B3030 gear selector control indicator.
You would think they would make some provision for adjusting it. Any one know what the part # is for the decal and price?

/ B3030 gear selector control indicator. #5  
Range Label....

From Messick's website...

Part Description LABEL, RANGE SHI / LABEL(RANGE SHIFT)
Part Number 6C200-47440
Stock Status 5-7 business days
Messick's Price $12.03

Please verify this is the desired label with your dealer before ordering.

Don't think this link will work since you have to sign on to their site when referencing the online parts diagrams.
Kubota B33HSD Parts Diagrams

Thanks for the info.

I finally peeled the indicator label off with a razor blade and was able to reattach it and line it up. But since then I have acquired another b3030 and the indicator is way off and you can barley shift into high. (so stiff) I removed the left rear wheel to take a look at it. It rides on a shaft along with two other levers (pto) There is no provision for greasing them and nearly impossible to get off. I sprayed penetrating oil and worked it and then I have a oil can with 90wt gear oil I lubed it with. (pretty sticky and wont evaporate like penetrating oil ) After getting it freed up, I took a big crescent wrench and hooked it as far inboard (toward trans) and forced the lever back in to alignment. If yours is not aligning up right it's probably bent also. Also on the right hydraulic lift arm there is a small pin (attaches to rod for hydraulic lift) that is prone to freezing up. This one was broken off and I had to remove arm and press it out, buff the rust off it and grease it up. Both tractors was this way.