B3030 Remotes

/ B3030 Remotes #1  

Bret Mc

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
I am preparing to buy a new B3030 and having the dealer add rear remotes to operate a hyd. top link and a hyd. cyl. on the rear blade, though I'm not clear on the difference between a double acting and a float detent valve or which ones I need. Can someone help me on this?

/ B3030 Remotes #2  
I am preparing to buy a new B3030 and having the dealer add rear remotes to operate a hyd. top link and a hyd. cyl. on the rear blade, though I'm not clear on the difference between a double acting and a float detent valve or which ones I need. Can someone help me on this?

I am no expert on this but I will try - in terms that made sense to me when it was explained. I needed one remote to be able to stay open in one position without me holding it open ie: run a wood splitter or a hydraulic run mower blade. The other one is just used for operating things like my snow blower hydraulic chute rotating motor - just go in one direction or the other for short amounts. If I were to guess I would think that the float detente is my first use and the double acting would be my second use. (could have this the other way around) From what you are saying, it sounds like you need two of the second kind as well - you do not have a need for it to stay open for your use. Not to say that you could not use the first kind for your use - you just might push the lever too far at times. Now that I have likely confused you even more, I will call it a day..

/ B3030 Remotes
Hey red4now thanks for your reply, That explanation does shed some light on my question, actually it makes good sense to me! Now I wont feel like an idiot when I go back to the dealer and tell them what I want. I see that you have a 3030 now and not a 3200, What changed your mind and are you glad you spent the extra money for the extras? I considered the 3200 myself but after reading alot on this site I talked myself right into the FANCY one. All of this depends on selling the 2150 have now though, says the wife! It is on this site for sale(I will be adding pictures soon) and on Tractorhouse with pictures(sorry TBN but I found their site first) James McInturf is the name on the Tractorhouse ad. Thanks, Bret

/ B3030 Remotes #4  
What changed your mind and are you glad you spent the extra money for the extras? I considered the 3200 myself but after reading alot on this site I talked myself right into the FANCY one. Thanks, Bret

One of the reason's was that I ended up using the 3PH a lot more than I thought I would because of the size and versatility of the B series and having used position control all my life, I just found the quarter inching valve limiting for me - which for others will be just fine. That and a couple of other reasons - vibration issue was very apparent (MMM with loader off and higher rpm) and 3PH arms and linkages were the main ones. Never glad spending the extra money when at first I thought i wouldn't have to.. :( but the seat time makes up for it :)
Hopefully you will get your 3030 soon and enjoy some seat time on it as well!!

/ B3030 Remotes #5  
Float detent valve: is a valve that does what a double acting valve does (extend and retract a cylinder) and has a detent position past the normal position that allows the fluid to flow freely in and out of the cylinder. The cylinder in detent position can extend and retract freely(float). I use this to allow the box blade to follow the contour of the ground as I pull gravel instead of riding up and down with the tractor when it hits a hump.

Double acting valve: controls the extending and retracting of a cylinder.

/ B3030 Remotes
red4 now & dex3361, Thanks for your help on the B3030 remote question, I know my salesman could answer these questions but I was wanting a little heads-up before I went back to add my options. As for the vibration issues with the 3200, One I sat on and brought up to 540RPM speed, the foldable ROPS just about rattled my dentures out and I don't even have dentures!! so I did'nt even try the MMM. I do like the looks of the FEL although the capacities are less than the 3030's as well as the 3pt. arms. Anyway I'm having a few bites on my 2150 so maybe we can start waxing on a new one before long!! Thanks,Bret

/ B3030 Remotes #7  
If it's not too much more $ wise, get one circuit with the detent. You don't give up anything vs not having it, and it will give you more flexibility down the road in case you get an implement that requires the circuit to stay open, e.g., wood splitter. On the other hand, what some do when they need the valve to stay open is use a bungee cord to hold it in the open position, so there is a low cost alternative.