B3030 vs JD What?

/ B3030 vs JD What? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My friend has the JD and it just seems like a lot more tractor for ~ $3000 more dollars. )</font>

Spending more money will always get you more tractor. $3000 more into the Kubota line should put you up to an L3430 or L4400 - both of which will outspec either of those tractors by a huge margin.

/ B3030 vs JD What? #12  
yeah thanks. it is hard for me to explain what i mean. i am not necessarily disappointed with the performance of the B3030 nor Kubota in general. I realize the extra money would get me either a Kubota 3130 or JD 3120 both of which are fine machines. I am more lets say "anxious" that I spent 20k on a tractor that is 1000 lbs smaller than the next size up when the 3k more would have got me a 3000lb tractor vs 2000 lb tractor even though I dont really need the bigger one. I am worried I got ripped. You could say 20k/2000 lb = $10 per lb, or 23k/3000 = $7.70 per pound. I think it is just the size of the next size up tractors that have me worried that I spent too much for a tractor the size of the b series.

/ B3030 vs JD What? #13  
I went through the same thing trying to decide what to buy. I looked at the JDs and the Kubotas and narrowed it down to the B3030 and the JD 3120. Everything else was either too big or too small for my needs. I will use my tractor for lawn mowing 80% of the time so I took this into consideration when choosing the B3030. I liked the fact that it is 1000 lbs lighter than the JD 3120 with about the same HP. Lighter is better when mowing lawn, especially in the spring when the ground is wet and in the summer when it is very dry. The xtra weight is hard on the grass if you are trying to achieve a well groomed look. Since my purchase was a compromise between mowing and loader work, snowplowing, etc., I went with what I thought was best suited for me and I am not sorry. The 3120 was about $2000 more than the 3030 and if I thought it would have been better suited for my needs I would have spent the money and been happy. If you don't need more tractor than the B3030 then you just saved yourself $3000. Why is that a bad thing? It's all what you want and can afford. I don't think you got ripped on the B3030. It is a unique size tractor that JD does not have anything to compare to. The JDs are fine machines but are either smaller or larger in size. The other thing that swayed me to Kubota is their more simple mechanical controls vs all the electronics on the JDs. High tech is fine but, simple is good, too. I think you will be happy with your 3030 once you puy some hours on it and find out what a capable machine it is. Also, the $3000 you saved is not pocket change.