B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT #71  
Bob, We'll have to write Mr, . Rosenfelt and request he includes a few Kubota's in his next book otherwise Mohamad Christie will boot us off the TBN site :laughing: Dan

Or maybe we could just promise to read them while sitting on the tractor! :)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT
I see that! Looks like I've got some reading to catch up on. Hope they come in kindle versions.

Or maybe we could just promise to read them while sitting on the tractor! :)

They do come in Kindle, that's what I have one on now and am reading. Got free from my library and in line for about 3 or 4 more when they are returned. There are a bunch listed but some of them are audio books sooooo download them free and "LISTEN" to them on your Kubota tractor.:cool2:

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT #73  
So how is the turning radius on the B series? I think I need to go with the B for the clearance but I'm curious how tight of a turn that it can make

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT #74  
So how is the turning radius on the B series? I think I need to go with the B for the clearance but I'm curious how tight of a turn that it can make

In the real world, a B in the 20 series, will require slightly more space to turn than a BX. It isn't a huge difference, but noticeable. If you've never spent a ton of time on a BX, the Bxx20 will turn on a dime and you'll be very pleased. In 90% of your tasks, it would seem to be a irrelevant difference.

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT #75  
In the real world, a B in the 20 series, will require slightly more space to turn than a BX. It isn't a huge difference, but noticeable. If you've never spent a ton of time on a BX, the Bxx20 will turn on a dime and you'll be very pleased. In 90% of your tasks, it would seem to be a irrelevant difference.

I've had two B's... A 7500 and a 7510. I went to a BX for this reason. Those B's, on the lowest size side, took a couple feet mor than my BX2660 to turn. AND, even with turfs, cut the yard up like crazy. Around 12 trees I have 6' - 8' diameter mulch beds. 9'-10' outside of those I had a trough ring cut from the outboard front tire cutting in. I had to reseed after I went to the BX and have never had an issue since.

Th turning radius is very noticeably smaller on the BX. I've never found the downsize to a BX an issue, and find its maneuverability exceptional to the B's I had.

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT #76  
I went up from a B2200 to a B2620 and find just a bit bigger turning radius. Also depends on what you got hanging from either end....my plow adds a bit more.

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT #77  
My neighbor has a B7510, while I had a newer 20 series B. The older B, when turning, tears the grass more, for whatever reason. To be sure, the BX is not only turns the radius more quickly, but seems easier on the grass while doing it. But again, if you need a B for the substantially greater ground clearance? Go for it.

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT
My neighbor has a B7510, while I had a newer 20 series B. The older B, when turning, tears the grass more, for whatever reason. To be sure, the BX is not only turns the radius more quickly, but seems easier on the grass while doing it. But again, if you need a B for the substantially greater ground clearance? Go for it.

I've owned several Bs and BXs. I agree with BP. Naturally a longer tractor is going to require a bigger turning circle but if I needed higher ground clearance, and I did when I traded the first time a BX2200 to a B7800, I'd go with the B for sure. You can deal with the bigger turning radius much easier than you can deal with not enough ground clearance. All of mine will/would tear up grass if it's wet and I cut them to tight and in 4wd but usually not if it's dry and I slow down on tight turns and not use 4wd on most of my mowing areas.

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT #79  
So, is the consensus that the 20 series is better on grass? I had the square-edge large turfs on the front of my B7500 and they were nasty... In 2WD. My B7510 I went with the Extra Traction Goodyear tears and Bridgestone Pillow Diameter 1's and it helped substantially, but did not cure the circles. I Aldi wanted the suspended deck the B didn't offer at the time as it left pie plates in my yard. Now with my bumpy yard, and the new decks on the B's, I find myself looking at the B2620. I think the suspended deck with large diameter tires bridging the bumps and dips with a longer wheelbase than the BX, I'd have a better ride and better results.

/ B3200 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE...NOT BETTER....DIFFERENT #80  
I don't know if any tractor smooths out bumps. I have driven Troybuilt lawn mower, JD 332 garden tractor, Craftsman ZTR 6000, Yanmar 4220, B26 Kubota and my utility LS P7010 and I can tell you none of them smooths out a bump although I think my B26 is about the roughest of any due to the narrow wheel base and width. All tractors are rough riders due to lack of any suspension so the seat has to absorb the shock. A better seat = better ride but not so with just a bigger tractor.

If you want a smooth mower ride, get a Ferris or Simplicity Zero turn with coil spring over shock suspension.