B3200 questions

/ B3200 questions #1  

1kevinm

Tractor
Kubota B3030
Hi, I'm very new to the forum (just registered). But I have been reading it for a couple of days, a lot of good information - thank you all.

I live in Maryland, and am planning on purchasing a new B3200 with FEL and 60" MMM. I'll also get a rear grader blade for snow removal.

I will only be using this around the house (3.5 acres), for mowing, snow removal, etc.

I have a couple of questions:

Any problems with this tractor (it's now been out over a year I think)?

Should I get the 54" or 60" bucket?

Is $19.6K a good price for the tractor, FEL and MMM?

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

/ B3200 questions #2  
Only problem i've read of is a few people complaining about vibration. Not on all of them, but at least a few? It wouldn't stop me from buying one.

Get the 60" bucket. Or better yet, opt out of the factory bucket and get an ATI SSQA and aftermarket bucket.

I can't comment on your quote.

/ B3200 questions #3  
I have a B3200 with 60" bucket. It does vibrate some over 2000 RPM but not enough to concern me. I traded for mine with Barlows so not sure what my price was, now. Check with Barlows for a price and then you will know their current price (they are usually lower). Ask for Kubota hats from seller. :) I've had mine for almost a year and it's a great machine. I have a BX2660 MMM FEL for mowing and lighter duty tractor work on my 3+ acres and use the B3200 for the heavier duty FEL and boxblade work and I bought the Ratchet Rake for the B instead of the BX, now I wish I had a Ratchet Rake for the BX also. I have a side by side comparison over in the other Kubota owners forum which you may want to look at when you start getting the why a B instead of a BX questions from the other owners. Will find the info and bump it to current.

/ B3200 questions #4  
Welcome to TBN. Where in MD are you located? If hills/slopes are in your future, you may want to have the rear tires loaded for better stability. I'd get the 60'' bucket - have them install a couple of chain hooks on top before delivery.
Good luck!
Mike

/ B3200 questions #5  
I have a B3200 TLB, owned it since April of 09, Great tractor. I do have the 60" bucket and have use it for spreading top soil, snow removal,and other projects. In the past I've had a BX23 TLB, great little tractor and did everything I had to do on my 10 + acres of land, I just thought I wanted a larger tractor and I could not be happier with my choice. It has all and more power then I'll ever need, added a Land Pride 72" back blade, a 72" Woods Finish mower, a 72" York Rake and a Quick Hitch.Right now It's in winter mode, as we are having one heck of a snow storm with winds that are gusting around 40 mph and causing lots of drifting snow. Getting ready to go out to knock them down. Good luck with your Kubota.
DevilDog 100_2419.jpg

/ B3200 questions #6  
devildog -

When did you add the Porsche turbocharger? Do you notice any difference in performance?!

/ B3200 questions
Thanks for all of the replies.

John, thanks for the link, I did read through it.

Is there a difference in the two buckets other then 6"? I am concerned with the "light duty" language on the 60". Realistically, everything I do is probably light duty anyway.

I'm in Montgomery county. Yes, it is hilly here and our yard has a significant slope. Thanks, filling the tires is part of the package deal. I also asked that the rear be set as wide as possible - the salesman said it was adjustable.

The dealership did agree to install a chain hook in the center of the bucket.

After the big snow 24"+ we had a couple of weeks ago, I decided to get one. Of course, now it won't snow again for several years.

/ B3200 questions #8  
I don't think "light duty" means much with the 60" bucket. I didn't realize I had a "light duty" bucket until someone here pointed it out to me from the picture moving the horse pulled disk. I'm adding some pictures of my B3200 lifting/moving trees, rocks, rolls of house wrap (with forks) and the horse drawn disk.

Attachments

• P1050835.jpg
    P1050835.jpg
    653.4 KB · Views: 303
  • P1050889.jpg
    P1050889.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 224
  • P1050882.jpg
    P1050882.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 229
  • P1050897.jpg
    P1050897.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 226
  • P1050870.jpg
    P1050870.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 230
  • P1050892.jpg
    P1050892.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 199
  • P1050901.jpg
    P1050901.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 193
   / B3200 questions #9  
As suggested in previous posts, light duty is not something to be concerned about. 95 % of the time, you will find the larger bucket more useful for general use and the other 5 % of the time when moving heavy sand / gravel, the loader will just not lift a completely full bucket letting you know that you are too full. ;-)

With your amount of acreage and using a MMM, it may make more sense to go away with turf tires as opposed to R4 industrial. And since it sounds like you will be using a blade for snow removal instead of a snow blower, it has been suggested in another thread that the turf tires provide better traction in the snow and you might get away with not having to use chains.

Interesting comment regarding the dealer suggesting that the rear tires are adjustable - does he mean using the wheel spacers? Not aware of any other adjustment possibilities but it might be worthwhile to find out.

And depending on your bucket use - if you will be exchanging it with a pallet fork or something else on a regular basis, you may want to consider the QA.

Last edited:
   / B3200 questions #10  
Hi, I'm very new to the forum (just registered). But I have been reading it for a couple of days, a lot of good information - thank you all.

I live in Maryland, and am planning on purchasing a new B3200 with FEL and 60" MMM. I'll also get a rear grader blade for snow removal.

I will only be using this around the house (3.5 acres), for mowing, snow removal, etc.

I have a couple of questions:

Any problems with this tractor (it's now been out over a year I think)?

Should I get the 54" or 60" bucket?

Is $19.6K a good price for the tractor, FEL and MMM?

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

1kevinm:

Hey neighbor!

Have you considered the B3030? I have an '07 that has been gently used....only 75 hours and it's for sale. PM me if interested or want details.

Swmpbgy1