b3200 with FEL and BH77 backhoe on 16' trailer?

/ b3200 with FEL and BH77 backhoe on 16' trailer?
My cutter is Woods BBx48. 48" bushhog.

Using my ex Ranger to tow my B3200 tlb was
not a problem or exciting. The gross combination vehicle rating was 9250 and I was a couple hundred lbs over the rating.

Round trip to my farm is 211 miles. There are several grades from 4-6%.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

That makes me feel better. I'm looking at all highway driving and nothing as steep as 6%.

/ b3200 with FEL and BH77 backhoe on 16' trailer? #22  
IMG_1135.JPGWell what did you decide to get? I will throw my personal experience in here also. When I went trailer shopping to haul my B26 about 600 miles when I bought it, I looked for something that would also haul my LS P7010. I went with a 18+2 foot dove tail with twin 6K axles with brakes on both axles and a heavy duty center mount jack, 10 ply tires with a spare, rear slide in ramps. It will haul all my truck is rated to pull and then some and not be overloaded. The trailer weighs in at around 2600# and my limiting factor is 960# of tongue weight for the factory hitch without a WDH. I can accomplish this with no problem hauling my LS with FEL on it without a problem and the trailer pulls like a dream loaded or unloaded. I have a photo of it with my LS loaded on it. As you can see, it has plenty of room to balance the load and not overload my hitch. With it positioned as in the photo, everything handles extremely well, just like not having anything on the back except for the extra power needed to start and stop. The electric brakes on both axles mean that I don't need to use my trucks brakes hardly at all to stop. I just set the trailer brakes to do most of the stopping.

/ b3200 with FEL and BH77 backhoe on 16' trailer?
View attachment 469332Well what did you decide to get? I will throw my personal experience in here also. When I went trailer shopping to haul my B26 about 600 miles when I bought it, I looked for something that would also haul my LS P7010. I went with a 18+2 foot dove tail with twin 6K axles with brakes on both axles and a heavy duty center mount jack, 10 ply tires with a spare, rear slide in ramps. It will haul all my truck is rated to pull and then some and not be overloaded. The trailer weighs in at around 2600# and my limiting factor is 960# of tongue weight for the factory hitch without a WDH. I can accomplish this with no problem hauling my LS with FEL on it without a problem and the trailer pulls like a dream loaded or unloaded. I have a photo of it with my LS loaded on it. As you can see, it has plenty of room to balance the load and not overload my hitch. With it positioned as in the photo, everything handles extremely well, just like not having anything on the back except for the extra power needed to start and stop. The electric brakes on both axles mean that I don't need to use my trucks brakes hardly at all to stop. I just set the trailer brakes to do most of the stopping.

I decided on an 18' landscaping trailer with slide in ramps. It's only a 7k rated trailer but my entire T/L/B setup only weighs in a hair under 3400 lbs. The trailer itself weighs in at 1750 lbs so I'm only 50 lbs or so over 5k total. If I use the trailer once a month that would be a lot. If I was running a business and using it every day then I'd be looking at a 10k or heavier trailer, but for a weekend warrior the 7k should work well. The 18' length should leave me plenty of room to move the tractor back and forth to get a good tongue weight as well as carrying the tractor with the brushhog attached rather than the backhoe. The good news is the brushhog is about half the weight of the backhoe so it should work out very well. I figure if the brushhog (60" Woods BB60X) hangs off the back too much I'll flip the wheel over onto the deck and push that up to the front of the trailer then carry the tractor behind it with the front bucket on the brushhog. At least I think I will unless someone thinks that's a bad idea! I'm trying to keep the entire setup trailer/tractor as close to 5k as possible. I have an older GMC 1500 pickup with 180k miles on it that is rated to tow 7k and my Toyota FJ Cruiser is rated to tow 5k. By keeping the weight down it gives me a couple options as to which vehicle to use, the Toyota only has 50k miles on it 90% all highway miles. I'd run out and buy a new 2500 series pickup truck to tow it but I'd need one with a bench seat so I'd have a place to sleep after my wife throws me out of the house for buying another truck!

/ b3200 with FEL and BH77 backhoe on 16' trailer? #24  
I decided on an 18' landscaping trailer with slide in ramps.

I figure if the brushhog (60" Woods BB60X) hangs off the back too much I'll flip the wheel over onto the deck and push that up to the front of the trailer then carry the tractor behind it with the front bucket on the brushhog.

I think that will work well for you. I was in a similar spot on needing the space to move the whole kit around from home base to property, and ended up with a 20' trailer, but I think my spread is a bit longer than yours all, so the comparison still works. (The 2538 has a compact wheelbase, but it is a 6' cutter and when I'm in beast mode the box blade occupies the first bit of trailer deck space.) You can have a few feet of well secured load/implement off the back off a trailer in Texas at least, and by pulling up the tail wheel you'll have lots of flexibility. That is exactly what I do as in the pic below.

Enjoy your new rig! If you get pictures of your spread loaded, please do put them here and in the hauling rigs thread. It might help others looking to decide on the best haul rig and trailer combo! http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/trailers-transportation/104218-your-towing-rigs-trailers.html

Rig and Tractor Loaded out with implements sized.jpg

/ b3200 with FEL and BH77 backhoe on 16' trailer? #25  
The decision in the end is yours, with all the factors,(truck size,tractor weight , implements taking with etc).the length you have decided to get should work but put serious thought into use and truck comparability for your specific needs. I had 4 trailers for different uses. Then came my kubota. I have an 01 6sp dodge sport plus diesel 4x4 extra cab short bed not fully. When I purchased my tractor it came with fel,bh,belly mower,woods 72inch double roller pulverized, 58 reverse tiller , 60 in woods scrape blade. I had all of that loaded on truck and 16ft trailer for 300 miles,,, what a nightmare. So realizing more time would be spent loading and unloading I ordered a 24ft gooseneck 7k axles four wheel brakes that breaks in half(10ftdeck with14foot tilt) I love it the implements go on the front, all of them with room to spare, pulls so better than hitch. I've intentionally tried to place weight too far forward and too far back, does not affect truck handling. This is my first gooseneck, should done it years ago, no the bad, price 6k out the and another 800 for under bed gooseneck hitch. Pulling lighter duty trucks doesn't have to troublesome. I'm wondering if they make or will make aluminum goosenecks, would like one but will never be in my budget since I have this set up. Just food for thought, the proper sway bar weight ditribution set up will work, good luck, will be posting more,still trying to figure out how to post pics, duh😄

/ b3200 with FEL and BH77 backhoe on 16' trailer? #26  
For what it is worth, I ended up going with a PJ Single Axle HD Tilt (T1). It cost about 2K more than a double axle landscape trailer. It does move B 3200 and FEL with plenty of room for backhoe. 11 degree incline angle + it will load my B 3200 with 72 inch belly mower with room to spare. 7000 gvr. I am sure many will say I am crazy but it pulls better than many of much more expensive larger double axle trailers. Just food for thought.