B6000 air filter

/ B6000 air filter #11  
My B6100 glow plug indicator no longer works either. You should see close to battery voltage on the end of the glow plug nut. I had trouble starting mine awhile back, put the volt meter on the glow plugs and had nothing. I found the connector going to the engine needed cleaning/reseating. Good tip on the air filter, I need to look at mine. :)

/ B6000 air filter #12  
My B6100 glow plug indicator no longer works either. :)

The glow plug indicator on these tractors is actually a small coil of resistor wire. When you turn the key to the preheat position the electrical current goes through the coil and then to the glow plugs. The resistance in the wire drops the battery voltage down to a voltage that is safe for the glow plugs. I forget exactly what voltage the plugs are safe with, I think it is 9 volts. When you turn the key to the start position the electricity bypasses the resistor coil and goes directly to the glow plugs, The voltage drop that come from cranking the starter motor drops the voltage again to a level safe for the glow plugs. If the glow plug indicator on your tractor was not working the glow plugs would not get any current when the switch was in the preheat position. They do not glow very bright at all it is more like a dim reddish glow after a little while. Try turning the key to the preheat position in the dark. You will see the indicator glow, if it is not burned out. If it burns out you will not have any heating of the glow plugs.

/ B6000 air filter #13  
KubotaSam, mine no longer glows even when it's dark out but it still lets current through. I measured the resistance at one point and know it was within spec. Maybe after decades of use the metal changes to the point of not glowing?

/ B6000 air filter #14  
I guess I stand corrected. Perhaps with a layer of scale or rust over the resistance coil it will still work and will not glow red hot.

/ B6000 air filter #15  
KubotaSam, mine no longer glows even when it's dark out but it still lets current through. I measured the resistance at one point and know it was within spec. Maybe after decades of use the metal changes to the point of not glowing?

That is the way the indicator on my B7100 went. Seeing as the tractor started after applying the glow plug heat and not before I was confident that it was working.

For rear weight maybe 200 pounds or so should do it as the lift capacity of the three point is around 500/600 pounds ??? . :D