B6100E 3 speed PTO

/ B6100E 3 speed PTO #1  

tjgator

I just aquired a B6100E, 2 wheel drive, 3 sped manual tranny, with a 3 speed PTO, which I have listed in the classified for sale. I am not familiar with the 3 spd pto. What are the speeds for the PTO and any other things I might want to know before selling this tractor? I already have a Yanmar 185 and a Ford 4000, both great, but both are hydros, so I really don't need the Kubota-or do I?

/ B6100E 3 speed PTO #2  
The 3 speed PTO functions as such, when placed in the 1 st position the rear PTO shaft turns at 540 rpm, this is the standard for most implements. In the 2 nd position the rear PTO shaft turns at 857 rpm and also the mid PTO turns at 2453 RMP to drive a mid mount mower. I have never seen any implement in the USA that uses a 857 speed, but I'm still young.... If you do use the mid PTO there is a lock out plate that will stop the shifter from going into that position. Hope this helps...

/ B6100E 3 speed PTO
I don't understand"mid" pto?? Is this the 3rd position?

/ B6100E 3 speed PTO #4  
If you look under the tractor, just about below the seat you will see a forward PTO shaft that the mid mount mower will hook to. You may not have a mid PTO installed on your tractor. The 3 positions on your selector are, when moved to the rear of the tractor the rear PTO will turn, when in the center position no power to any location ( Neutral ) and when placed in forward position mid PTO will turn and also the rear PTO at the higher speed.

/ B6100E 3 speed PTO #5  
B6100's do not have a mid PTO. The belly mowers were either powered off the rear PTO or off the splined crankshaft sticking out the front of the engine. There are no speed labels on the PTO lever? I think mine has them. 3 speeds with neutral between each.

/ B6100E 3 speed PTO
KubotainNH said:
B6100's do not have a mid PTO. The belly mowers were either powered off the rear PTO or off the splined crankshaft sticking out the front of the engine. There are no speed labels on the PTO lever? I think mine has them. 3 speeds with neutral between each.
Yes there are speed labels, but they just say : 1, N, 2, N, 3. No mid PTO.

/ B6100E 3 speed PTO #7  
Yeah, I noticed that this weekend on mine. I could have sworn it was written on there but maybe I read a sticker somewhere. According to my manual:
1st speed 560 rpm
2nd speed 840 rpm
3rd speed 1350 rpm

/ B6100E 3 speed PTO #8  
Thanks KubotainNH, I'd always wondered what the speeds were.

We sometimes use our 6100 with a post hole digger fitted upside down.
The auger would be pointing up to the sky, but we unbolt that and fit a homemade winding reel and use that to wind up trellis wire and drip-hoses.

The 3 speeds (3rd in particular) come in very handy.

/ B6100E 3 speed PTO #9  
BTW, some 6100's DO have mid-PTO's. As far as I can tell it's only the HST models and then maybe only the 2wd models. Without the MMM on, it looks like I have a "boy" tractor. I also have the selector to move from the 840RPM mid-PTO to the rear 540RPM unit.

HTH,
Mike