B6200 4wd stuck, now makes extra whine...

/ B6200 4wd stuck, now makes extra whine... #1  

arkydog

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota 3200hst loader and bh77 backhoe, allis chalmers 816 backhoe
Last week I was filling in a trench with my B6200 HTS 4WD with front loader that someone else had dug when the ground gave way under left front tire. I guess I tried a little too hard to back it out with the front bucket and reversing the HTS. Finally had to be pulled out with another tractor.

Since then, right away the HTS had the same whine it always did at lower power, it also has a more "metallic" whine when it get a fairly good load with either the HTS, front loader, or both. Could the "new additional whine" be the start of pump failure or might there be a simple fix?

Thanks

arkydog

/ B6200 4wd stuck, now makes extra whine... #2  
What does your fluid look and smell like? How old is it?

It may be possible that your strainer is full or filters are loaded up, and this last effort just finished them off.

If it has been a while since your last hydro change, I would start with fresh fluid, filter, and clean the strainer.

FWIW, my B8200hst sometimes whines at lower speed. It seems intermittent, and is not affected by hot or cold ambient temps, nor by load.

I'm changing mine today; it is due.

/ B6200 4wd stuck, now makes extra whine...
RobertN......Thanks for the reply. Changed fluid with Kubota oil and filter instead of universal hydraulic fluid which was in there with 50 hrs past change, and that took care of the problem!

The hydro seems to be quieter now than it was 300 hrs ago when I used universal. Got me sold on manufactures oil and filters!

Thanks again.

arkydog