B6200 not charging

/ B6200 not charging #11  
On the B series Kubotas, the dynamo is actually a rotating magnet generator (another form of dynamo). The rotor is made up of eight permanent magnet pole pieces assembled on a shaft and rotates on the center of the stator around which eight electromagnetic coils are placed. This design allows the dynamo to produce higher voltage in slow speed rotation thus charging the battery at engine idle. This comes directly from the WSM.

According to the WSM, the charge voltage should be 14-15 volts at a dynamo rpm of 5200.

/ B6200 not charging #12  
Mad,

I did some more research on dynamos and alternators and there is a difference. In fact, there are apparently several variations of dynamos.

Looks like it is one of those words that gets misused occasionally.

At least we finally quit calling "alternators" "generators" a few years after they started putting alternators on cars.

I am old, easily confused, and I forget what else is wrong with me.

Bill Tolle

/ B6200 not charging
Thanks for the replies.

/ B6200 not charging #14  
I also have a b6200 with kind of the same problem, dynamo light comes on dim at idle and goes out finally about 1300 rpm. Output voltage is 14.3 volts. Didnt realize rectifiter was $70. I just live with it and hope everytime that I use it that it goes out when I give it some rpm.

arkydog

/ B6200 not charging #15  
I have a B9200, 1986 vintage. Early last year it started the same thing of the light staying on until rpm's were increased. Now it stays on all the time and I can tell the battery is getting weaker. Time to look into the regulator. Thanks for the post.