B7100 FAL power

/ B7100 FAL power #1  

furnacebrook

Tractor
1979 Kubota B7100
I have a B219 loader on my 1979 B7100 kubota tractor. I have had at least 640 LBS in the bucket and it lifted it about 5 feet off of the ground without a problem, even though the loader does lift higher, it quit going at that point. My question is can I make this loader lift more by increasing the size of the cylinders from 2 1/2" to 3" I don't need much more power just when I lift crates that weigh about 450 on the forks, which puts the weight out farther .............more leaverage less lift capacity it slows down and just about makes it to the top of the tractor trailer bed. I have a new control valve on the way as I am getting some blowby when I turn the engine off with a load on the forks and it starts to go down. Maybe this is costing me the a little power loss also? I know I could use a bigger tractor ,but this is what I have.
Anyones thought about this would be very much appreciated
Thank you,
Scott

/ B7100 FAL power #2  
I put forks on the end of my bx22 loader bucket, the specs of the loader are similar to yours. I think if you got a quick attach plate on your loader bucket so you could remove the bucket and than put on set of quick attach forks it would work better.
I took a rear blade off of a semi truck with my forks and the blade fell off and my tractor allmost tipped over. If you increase the capacity of your loader you might tip your tractor. David

/ B7100 FAL power #3  
There is a good chance the pump, and there is only one, on the B7100 is streched to it's max for flow rate.

Egon

/ B7100 FAL power
Thanks for the reply, I don't know the GPM's on the pump, do you? It looks pretty small compared to the ones I see in the Norther tools Catalog. I think it may be 10 or 11 GPM's.

Thanks again,

Scott

/ B7100 FAL power
Thanks for the reply. That sounds like a great idea, It would move the load back in closer. I have added extra weight in the back so that I would not tip over as you mentioned. The first time I went to lift a heavy crate the back tires started to lift off the ground, not much but enough. I have a 5' back blade I keep on the 3point now and the tires are filled. Seems to have stopped it so far.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how it works out.

Scott

/ B7100 FAL power #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There is a good chance the pump, and there is only one, on the B7100 is streched to it's max for flow rate.

Egon )</font>

Its a 4 GPM I believe