Tires B7100: Got New Seat - Need New Front Tires

/ B7100: Got New Seat - Need New Front Tires #1  

RickNC

New Seat - I have a B7100 that needed a new seat. The old one tortured me for years, so when the cover split, I decided to buy a new one. I looked at several places and decided on the one from Agri-Supply. It is the Stock Number 32805. The holes in the base lined right up with the factory bracket and only took 10 minutes to install. It is a suspension seat with shock. The back can be adjusted a little, but was fine as purchased. The only real adjustment that I had to make was to move the stop screw that limits how far forward and back the seat will slide. It doesn't have arm rest or even arm supports built into the back, but knowing how much I squirm around in the seat, I don't think that I would like them very much anyway. It was a little expensive at $120.00, but feels ten times better than the factory seat. I hope to enjoy it for many years.

New Front Tires - My B7100 came with front turf tires that are 20.5 X 8 - 10. The rear turf tires are 29 X 12.5 - 15. I need to replace the front tires. I think that I remember reading somewhere on this board that most owners are replacing their 20.5 high tires with 21.0 high tires to prevent binding in the drive train. There feels like a little bind-up in the drive train now, but I don't know how much. Any suggestions about tire size?

/ B7100: Got New Seat - Need New Front Tires #2  
I replaced the front tires on my B7100 several years ago. The Goodyear dealer sized them from his charts. The new ones seem a little larger or perhaps this is just my impression.

When I get a chance I'll check and see what size they are.

Egon

/ B7100: Got New Seat - Need New Front Tires #3  
Does the seat you bought allow you ample adjustment front to back? I'm about 6'3", and a similar seat I tried from Tractor Supply on my B7100 did not give me enough leg room.

/ B7100: Got New Seat - Need New Front Tires
It does for me. However, I am only 5'11". When I bought the seat, it did not give me enough adjustment to the rear until I noticed a small nut on the seat adjuster that allows you to change the amount that the adjuster would slide to the rear. Now the back of the seat is about 1 1/2-inches from the ROPS and is about right for me. I would imagine that the B7100 is marginal in size for you anyway at your height. Perhaps if you adjusted the seat to sit higher by cranking up the weight adjustment and configure the seat to nearly touch your ROPS, you would be OK. I know that the new seat is 10 times more comfortable than the factory seat. Best of Luck.

/ B7100: Got New Seat - Need New Front Tires #5  
Maybe this is no help, but I raised the seat on my Kubota to make it more comfortable. I sit more upright, and I find this better. Steering wheel really could come up a tad, but good otherwise. The spacer I made will easily unbolt, and voila! the tractor is back to original.