B7100 hydraulic remote

/ B7100 hydraulic remote #1  

masscity

Gold Member
Tractor
L3540HSTC-3 B7100DT Ferguson TO-35
I bought a Country Manufacturing Inc 8500 2 ton dump trailer. I have one remote on my L3540 and need to find out how to hook up a remote on my B7100. All I have is the operating, parts, IT and WSM manuals and can't figure out where to hook two lines so I can operate a double acting cylinder.

If somebody has a 1978 B7100 and knows how, could you take a picture of the spots to hook up, plus which is in and out.

Thanks
Ed

/ B7100 hydraulic remote #2  
Do you have a FEL on your tractor? My B6100 (slightly smaller motor but same otherwise) has a Power Beyond port on the OEM loader valve. Right now I'm using it for power steering but could easily use it for another valve. The other option on these is the port under the front of the seat. There is a handle there that diverts pressure from the 3ph to whatever you want to setup. You would need to setup a way to dump the fluid back in though. There's a few threads here and there on people using both of these ports. Search both models of tractor and maybe hydraulics. Below is one I found with some pics. My concern is the little tractor having the power to run that dump. May be better off with a PTO setup.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/304642-kubota-b7100-fel-only-works-2.html

/ B7100 hydraulic remote #3  
B7100HST's hydraulic output is 3.something GPM. You can do the math on the cylinder to see how long it'll take to dump. A 4"x24" cylinder holds 1.3 gallons.

My 7100 with the Kubota loader had the loader's return line plumbed into an extension on the fill and dipstick port on the transmission in front of the seat.

/ B7100 hydraulic remote
Do you have a FEL on your tractor? My B6100 (slightly smaller motor but same otherwise) has a Power Beyond port on the OEM loader valve. Right now I'm using it for power steering but could easily use it for another valve. The other option on these is the port under the front of the seat. There is a handle there that diverts pressure from the 3ph to whatever you want to setup. You would need to setup a way to dump the fluid back in though. There's a few threads here and there on people using both of these ports. Search both models of tractor and maybe hydraulics. Below is one I found with some pics. My concern is the little tractor having the power to run that dump. May be better off with a PTO setup.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/304642-kubota-b7100-fel-only-works-2.html

Thanks for the link. No FEL on my B7100, bought it new without it and thought I might add it later. My mechanic found hyd power a few years ago to test the psi, but not where this guy got his output power. Going from memory, psi on my tractor is 1560-1710 I think.

It looks like we can use the fill port for the return line. It should have enough power, if I have to I'll raise it 1710 psi.

Ed

/ B7100 hydraulic remote
B7100HST's hydraulic output is 3.something GPM. You can do the math on the cylinder to see how long it'll take to dump. A 4"x24" cylinder holds 1.3 gallons.

My 7100 with the Kubota loader had the loader's return line plumbed into an extension on the fill and dipstick port on the transmission in front of the seat.

Am I figuring this wrong, 3 GPM and the cylinder hold 1.3 gal, it should take less than a half a minute right?

Should I be concerned that the hyd system only holds 3 gals. I could use a 3" bore cylinder, but would that have enough power. I might have 1 3/4 yards of red clay in there?

Thanks
Ed

/ B7100 hydraulic remote #6  
My friend has a B7100 and under the seat is a port for hydraulic pressure as well as an opening for return.
As to oil volume once all the lines and cylinder get 'primed' from first activation you'd then top up the oil to normal levels.

Naturally you'd have check valve fittings, both male and female on the lines so as to not lose fluid when disconnecting.
That way your lines would always remain 'primed'.

The return is easy enough to determine as it will be open to the reservoir.(might be that he used the filler hole)
The pressure outlet will be a plugged or capped fitting and if you crack it open a tad it should squirt fluid when under pressure.

Oh, his is hydrostatic model B7100 so it might be not same as a manual gear box version.

Next time I see his B7100 I'll have a closer detailed look and update if I misled you.

/ B7100 hydraulic remote #7  
Am I figuring this wrong, 3 GPM and the cylinder hold 1.3 gal, it should take less than a half a minute right?

Should I be concerned that the hyd system only holds 3 gals.

You'll have to add fluid when you get the new cylinder full (and wouldn't be a bad idea to keep an eye on it and top off while purging the air out), but once all the air is purged from the cylinder and lines, it's only the volume taken up by the rod that the level will fluctuate.

/ B7100 hydraulic remote
You'll have to add fluid when you get the new cylinder full (and wouldn't be a bad idea to keep an eye on it and top off while purging the air out), but once all the air is purged from the cylinder and lines, it's only the volume taken up by the rod that the level will fluctuate.

From the beginning I should have mentioned that is a 1978 B7100DT manual trans. I sent this post to my mechanic neighbor and he thinks we have it figured out with everyone's help. He used to work for the county garage and knows about hydraulics. Our problem was the output and input.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Ed

/ B7100 hydraulic remote #9  
So no FEL which means the hydraulic block on yours is closed off on the engine. On mine, there's a rectangular cover on the block in the line going to the 3ph. It has 2 hoses connected that divert the pressure to the loader control valve before heading back to the 3ph. If you could get or make one of these block covers you could do the same with your remote valve. As I understand it (I may be off), if you use the one under the seat you will need to use the 3ph lever to send pressure out the aux port. Using the block gives you pressure without the extra valve. You can see the block I'm talking about in the thread below. I believe someone on this forum made a new cover themselves.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/344252-mr.html