B7100 manuals

/ B7100 manuals #1  

bobintexas

Tractor
Kubota B7100
I need to do a brake job (dry brakes) on my 1980 vintage B7100 and need to buy a service or repair manual to help me with it. I find the Kubota Service Manual at Tractorsmart for $64. I also find an I&T Shop Service Manual on Ebay for about $20. That manual "covers" many models, and I wonder how useful that manual is. Anybody familiar with or have experience using the I&T manual?

/ B7100 manuals #2  
If you plan on keeping the 7100 for a while then the Work Shop Manual from Kubota is a good investment. I purchased one for my B2400 for $75 and it payed for itself when an o-ring went bad in the front axle. At current labor rates how long would it take to eat up the $64 you'd spend on the manual? That would pay for itself in about an hour! Just make sure it is the work shop manual that they order and not an owners manual!

/ B7100 manuals
Thanks for your thoughts. I am leaning toward the better manual. Regarding keeping the tractor, actually I am hoping to trade it in within a year for a bigger machine, but that could turn into 2 or 3 pretty easily. In going over the machine, preparing to sell, I may find some other items that would make the big manual worthwhile. I was just curious about the detail in the I&T manual. Is it like the difference between a Chilton manual to the OEM service manuals for autos?

/ B7100 manuals #4  
I dont know much differance between the kubota manual and the IT, i do know that when i went to my dealer to ask a question about my b6100e he had the IT manuel. It didn't have what i was looking for because it regarded an attachment but it seemed to have a lot of info in it