B7100

/ B7100 #1  

jgerni

I have a 1981 B7100 and was thinking about selling to upgrade to the new BX2200. The B7100 is 4WD, 6 speed, 520 hours, Agriculture tires, weights, chains for the front tires and in good condition. Any ideas of what it is worth would be greatly appreciated.

Also, will the BX2200 do the same work that my old B7100 does or do I need to upgrade to something larger?

thanks

/ B7100 #2  
Hello jgerni.
I to have a B7100,but my model the1994 B7100 HST w/ the front end laoder,agr tires and chains,4wd,3pt hitch,engine heater. I to have thought about up grading couple of models up for more horse power,{ snow removeal,my tree farm,working the land,etc..} but after realizing and talking w/ others there was no since of me trading.
It may take a little longer but I still can scoot around and do my projects,also after wieghing out the $$$ factors I decide not to trade at this time.
If you should decide to trade go for the automatic transmission.
Take Care.

/ B7100 #3  
Based upon prices that I have seen, if your B7100 is in pretty good shape then you could reasonably expect to get between $3000 to $4500 depending upon several factors (such as the area of the country that you live in).

The advantages of the BX series over your B7100D is hydrostatic transmission and power steering. The BX series has a water pump for the cooling where the B7100 does not (the "water-pump" looking item behind the cooling fan is the alternator). Recalling from memory, I belive that the BX has a temperature guage the that B7100 does not.

Advantage or Disadvantage? The BX does not have left&right wheel braking options as does the B7100 (I never use differential braking on my B7100 anyways). The BX does not utilize a clutch pedal. The BX is physically smaller but has a higher HP engine. I don't have my B7100 manuals in front of me, but I beleive that the BX series 3-point hitch has a lower lift capacity than does the B7100.

B7100 and BX series similarities: Neither tractor has a Tachometer. Neither have position control on the 3-point lift.

Will the BX adequately replace you B7100? It mostly depends upon what you do with your tractor. With the exception of the 3-point lift capacity, I believe that most other differences favor the BX or are nearly "break even".