B7500 Alternator

/ B7500 Alternator
As an interesting side effect, the tractor now has more power. I assume there was a fair bit of drag on the engine from the belt slipping around the locked up alternator instead of spinning it.

/ B7500 Alternator #13  
The bearing number is a NSK 6201ZZ C3 a doulble shield bearing or 6201 VV C3 double sealed bearing. You will need 3 Try here for purchase: Motion Industries - Product Search --

Gene

I am certain that nobody around here would have a bearing. After I get a replacement, I will repair this one as a spare. If I can get one for ~$100 off ebay, that's the way I will go. I can't risk being without the tractor to hunt a bearing. If we get snow and it's not running, I can't leave the house.

I really don't have any interest in converting it to another alternator. It's just not worth it to save $20. I doubt the side cover would go back on with a 10si on it, it's twice the size of this one. Yes, they have more output. But, this one does what I need it to. Charge the battery and run 2 lights.

As for why it failed, the belt is not overly tight. Machine has about 580 hours on it. Guess it was just it's time.