B7500HydroInfo?

/ B7500HydroInfo? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Help..... Anyone. I test drove a new B7500 today and love everything about it but the noise the hydrostat makes. Is this normal? The dealer say's all kubota's with hydrostat make this noise. If this is the case seem's to me the gear drive would be less of a headache after a few hours on the tractor. Somebody give me your thought's on this question.

/ B7500HydroInfo? #2  
Hydro whine is normal, the Kubota BX is very quiet, the B2410 is definitly noiser but hardly objectionable at the RPM range I normally operate. I suspect you left the brake on, if so it will be relatively loud. I have also noticed, more so on the 2410, that the hydro has become quiter with use.
These are real machines, not a lawnmower from Home Depot, quiet a bit of torque is being generated and the greater the load on the hydro the louder the whine.
The Kubota hydro is, in my opinion, the main differentiating factor between a Kubota and Brand X. It is smoother, quieter, more durable, others are welcome to their own belief system.
J

/ B7500HydroInfo? #3  
Also most people that run them heavily will use some sort of hearing protection. I saw an article that suggested that hearing protection should be used with all types of mowers, trimmers, chainsaws and tractors. I do not even notice the hydro whine anymore unless I have my L3010 at low idle and creeping along, for mowing you will never hear it. This is a personal choice that you will have to decide on. my oppinion get the hydro

/ B7500HydroInfo? #4  
I have had both and I say go for the hydro. You will find it a lot less tiring when you have to from forward to reverse. Also I find it a time saver when I have grass growing to various heights. You are able to slow down and speed up according to grass height.

/ B7500HydroInfo? #5  
Try a different brand of tractor to see if you like another make better.To me Kubota has the most uncomfortable hydro pedals made. Iv'e tried the big 3 and to me the Bota has the most awkward hydro pedals out there.

/ B7500HydroInfo?
Thanks guy's for the feedback, think I'll get the kubota anyway's. The others don't seem to stack up to the kubota, I'll let ya know when I get it Thanks again..

/ B7500HydroInfo? #7  
Hi

I have a new B7500 hst and have very little noise. As a matter of fact, I never noticed any at all until I read your post. I suspect you may have a minor problem. My suggestion is to phone a number of dealers and see what they all say.

Regards
Spud

/ B7500HydroInfo?
I find that my hydro noise is considerably less when I operate at slightly higher r.p.m's usually around 1600-1800

/ B7500HydroInfo? #9  
The hydro noise is somewhat proportional to the load or strain on the driveline. I know for sure (from experiance now), that when you accidentally leave the brake on, the hydro gets real loud. It's now the first thing I check when I get that loud noise. Might even say that it's not if, but when with regard to leaving the brake on. (in other words, there are those that have left it on, and those that will leave it on /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif).