$$ - B7510 Trade for B2920

/ $$ - B7510 Trade for B2920
I decided to get a price from the dealer I bought my 7510 from. He offered me 10k on the trade site unseen in and $15,699 for the new B2920 with the LA364 FEL. That's a difference of $5,699 as compared to the other dealer where the balance would have been $8,700! That's a $3,000 swing!

/ $$ - B7510 Trade for B2920 #12  
jackl said:
I decided to get a price from the dealer I bought my 7510 from. He offered me 10k on the trade site unseen in and $15,699 for the new B2920 with the LA364 FEL. That's a difference of $5,699 as compared to the other dealer where the balance would have been $8,700! That's a $3,000 swing!

For a trade-in, it sounds like you got a good deal on the B7510, since I don't believe you would have done much, if any, better trying to sell it yourself. Your B2920 price is about just $200 more than I paid for my B2620, although tractors are pricier around here than elsewhere in the country.

BTW, for a trade-in do you pay taxes on just the balance or on the entire value of the new tractor?

/ $$ - B7510 Trade for B2920 #13  
jackl said:
With the exception of some dents in the bucket (LA302), my 3 yr old B7510 has 170 hrs, is well maintained, has never spent a night outdoors and is immaculate.

B2920 $13,759. LA364FEL $3,055 for a total of $16,714. So he offered me only 8k for my 7510 for a difference of 9k. So he took nothing off list price of the B2920.
I paid $12,800 for my B7150 w/FEL.

thanks!
Jack

You stay away from those dealers. Join a tractor dealer junkie anonymous group to help with those dealer shopper addictions and look for strength from others who like you have good equipment that will last for many years and don't want to fall victim to trade in prices. Especially with 0 interest for new equipment which guarantees lower trade in prices for used.

seapea said:
For a trade-in, it sounds like you got a good deal on the B7510, since I don't believe you would have done much, if any, better trying to sell it yourself. Your B2920 price is about just $200 more than I paid for my B2620, although tractors are pricier around here than elsewhere in the country.

BTW, for a trade-in do you pay taxes on just the balance or on the entire value of the new tractor?

I only pay tax on the difference.

/ $$ - B7510 Trade for B2920 #15  
jackl said:

That actually sounds more than fair. I know where i'd be buying my 2920 !:)

/ $$ - B7510 Trade for B2920 #16  
MDM said:
The Mahindra 2815 is more compareable to the L2800. Look at the Mahindra 2415 as a comparison to the 2920. FYI, the Mahindra 2815 is being discontined. Around here, the B2920 with loader and MMM sells for $16,500-$16,800.

I was quoted a price in Mass of 15K for the 2415 HST with FEL....minus 1000 for the discount and no financing with puts it back at 14K, which is what I thought I was quoted in NY when I first looked at them two months ago. The 2415 is probably equal to the KB 2620 in power. FEL of 2415 is rated for heavier load but I think the pivot joints on the Mahindra are cheap...not reinforced like Kubotas and therefore prone to slop if you tend to abuse your loader. Look at them carefully and you will see what I am talking about. (2015 joints are better than the 2415 - which are almost exactly the same design as my old 1972 AC). The 2415 Joystick mount seems to need reinforcing too...slap one and you will see what I mean. I was deadset on the Mahindra 2015 or 2415 but have flipped 180 and now I'm looking mainly at the Kubotas again. If I was saving $5K I would think twice but when all is calculated up....TLB for Kubota versus Mahindra....you are not saving anywhere near
that amount...2-3K at best but here are your pitfalls.

The 2415 does have position control but only 2 speed tranny...so it is a wash.
2415 subframe cannot handle MMM simultaneously..hassle to remove if you want to use a MMM.....no driveover MMM if I recall. Bhoe subframes stick out past the back of the tractor more and they have another seat..2x20 with BH65 uses one swivel seat and is more compact. BH digging on 2415 is 6'4" (2ft) and 7'10" on the 2015. I really liked the 2015 Bhoe until a Mahindra mechanic told me to go with the Woods after showing me the problems he was constantly fixing on them....weak support in certain areas. So if I am putting a Woods on a Mahindra....my gap between the Mahindra and Kubota narrow even more!

I also liked the 2615 but the weight and size was just too much...I think it would rip up any lawn if you tried to mow a small yard with it. I was quoted 15K for that with FEL...not bad price wise...probably as much power as the 2920. Mahindra 2615 is also 900 lbs heavier! Massive!

Last thing that bothers me is parts...some Mahindra dealerships are car dealerships too...not sure how long some will stay in business and whether they even have any parts stocked... I really don't think there would be problems though since both appear to be well constructed with good warranties. Whatever I buy I will keep for 10+ years so I'm not sure what the Mahindra parts availability will be out that far.

Thanks gp1200x. Your in depth analysis will certainly save me time and effort. I'm leaning towards the B2920 and stopped again Friday at the dealer who gave me the first quote as I had to buy a lens cover for my turn signal. I told him I had 3 other quotes requiring me to pay between $5700 and $5900 with my trade in as compared to his absurd figure of $8,714. He seemed dumbfounded. I told him I had it in writing and I'd be home Saturday if he wanted to counter. Never did hear from him though!

My only stumbling block now is my own guilt in buying another tractor 3 years after the first one. My wife says its fine .... although she wants me to build a sun porch and buy a summer camp. The B2920 could come in handy on those projects!

/ $$ - B7510 Trade for B2920 #18  
Your Welcome...

I just missed a great deal today (I think) because I waited a day to see a tractor.

2006 B7610 hydro with upgraded 352 FEL, Ind tires, Woods BH6000 (new curved style) with 120 hours for $13,900...Tractor was in excellent shape,even the buckets and paint, no leaks, one minor scratch. I would have bought it on the spot but was told it had just been sold after checking it over for a half hour...really disappointed now

So I think that's it with looking at used tractors..good ones go immediately and the others are usually over priced or cost more than new

/ $$ - B7510 Trade for B2920 #19  
I think I'm done with my searching...spent way too much time and money already

So CHUCK and DUCT....who are the best discount dealers to deal with in New Hampshire for Kubota. I doubt I will be seeing much of them once I leave the yard unless I have a major malfunction.

I'm setting my sights on a 2920 TLB (16 inch bucket) and tiller, tooth bar, thumb possibly and maybe the 54 or 60 MMM deck too since it would be cheaper as a package probably even though it's not needed this year. That's probably about it..don't see many other options listed for the model. Still not sure what tires but thinking of Ind. just to be safe. Afraid the turfs may be a problem on wet dirt. Loaded?? may not be needed. I would like a side plates welded on the FEL bucket buy may do that myself. I'll also trailer it from the dealer directly so no delivery.

I am still thinking of doing a cash deal but it doesn't seem to have any incentive over financing from the dealers??? No cash rebate in lieu of but there should be....

Problem with financing is getting hit possibly with NY sales tax which would completely negate and actually cost me more versus any possible savings using their financing while collecting interest on my money. $2K in sales tax is just too excessive and I pay NY way too much already.

/ $$ - B7510 Trade for B2920 #20  
Prices are pretty much a tossup in this area. Doug, or Don at Pinnacleview Equipment have given me the best no haggle prices, but Drew at Townline Equipment would probably meet, or beat that price with negotiation as would Dave Kendall at MB Tractor, but that place is more like a car dealership, and they have to check with management before quoting anthing other than the prices on their sheets. Hawkensen Equipment Co. in Plymouth will give good quotes if you show a little hesitation. I have tried the parts departments, etc. at all those dealers just to see how customers were treated, and like the folks at Pinnacleview, Townline, and Hawkensen, perhaps in that order, but was treated more rudely at MB in Tilton. Phone numbers are at the respective web sites. pinnacleviewequipment.com, townlineequipment.com, hawkensenequipment.com, and MB tractor.com