/ B7610 50 service #1  

John762

Tractor
Kubota/7610
Can anyone that has done the 50hr service on their B7610 post a list of

Tools required:

Filters,Oil, Supplies needed:

Step by Step instructions:

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

John

/ B7610 50 service
sorry guys its 50hr. service,
there was a great post last August with step by step instructions on a B7510, I doubt there is much difference.
John

/ B7610 50 service
any b7610 owners out there that can help?

/ B7610 50 service #5  
You'll need a large metric socket for the bolt that holds the hydraulic filter screen on the right side of the tractor. You can only get to this with a socket. I went to Lowe's and bought 26 mm and 27 mm sockets because I wasn't sure which one would fit. I think it was the 26 mm that fit. I ended up returning the other one. Hopefully this will save you from spending the better part of a Saturday afternoon searching for a 26 mm socket.

/ B7610 50 service #6  
Just did my B7510. Same thing. Manual says so.

Anyway, you need the Kubota filter wrench proivided with your owner's manual, probably a strap wrench (as my filter wrench wouldn't work on the "double painted" factory filters - and one was severly dented in shipping prior to assembly), a 26mm for the hydro strainer screen (I used an 1-1/16" socket), 14mm for the front drain plug, and a 17mm for the THREE rear drain plugs.

I had no problems when I did my B7500 two years ago, but this time on my B7510, I forgot the one drain plug on the right side behing the screen plug as thye maual says "both sides",but I saw "both plugs" - and there are three, not two on the rear. When I filled up the case with new UDT, it overfilled with the first of the LAST two quarts. I thought it was air-bound, so I removed the front plug, bleeded a fair bit of air, and the level went down, but still ran out the dipstick tube. Ultimately, I re-read the manual and realized the one plug I missed, drained some from that plug to "remove" any settled filings or dirt on that side of the rear-end, and drained the last bit of overfilled fluid out of the rear center plug. I figured that after replacing 98% of the old fluid with new fluid, cleaning the hydro screen, and draining all points of the transmission, I should be good to go. I had mostly mowing time on the tractor, and know it was not abused by me, so I will do my "50 Hour" service again next year, if I feel so inclined. After all, the next required service fluid/filter change is at 300 hours. That two quarts not drained shouldn't make a hill of beans. The filters and fluid (Super UDT) are too expensive to do it again this year with the way I baby the tractor anyway.

Good luck. Be prepared for a loooooooong drain time for the front drain plug. Two hours and mine finally stopped. I tried everything. Anticipation!

/ B7610 50 service #7  
My 7610 will need the first 50hr soon too. What's the dealer cost on this service - are DIY'ers saving that much? I could do it, but wonder if there's some smart thinking behind letting the dealer give it at least one real thorough going over?

/ B7610 50 service #8  
I paid about $120 for all filters and fluids. This includes an $8.50 fuel filter which is technically not necessary for the 50 hr. service. My closest dealer quoted me "about $150" for him to do the service but I'd also have to pay a pickup/delivery charge of $75-$100. So for me, it was worth doing it myself.

/ B7610 50 service #9  
My dealer's website states that the 50 hr service for a tractor with BH is $172.50 + parts. Pickup/delovery to my house is an additional $250. Does that scream DO IT YOURSELF, BONEHEAD to you?

Bonehead

/ B7610 50 service #10  
The filters will probably be hard to get off. I don't know why, the darn factories always put them on too tight. Same thing happened on both my Jeeps, filters stuck and had to be mangled to get them off.

I have a huge pair of Channelock pliers and used them to get the hyd. filters off. Crushed the filters but that didn't hurt anything.

Bill Tolle