B7610 owners

/ B7610 owners #1  

bxowner

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5055e
I'm back at it. Can't shake the thought. Put it behind me for a few months... it snuck up on me again. What is it? The B7610 of course!

Before I delve into the payments, though, I have a few lingering questions. First, can I install a subframe (4-point, Kubota of course) to fit a friend's backhoe off a Massey? I notice from the brochures that the rear-end of a B2630 and B3030 look different - and the specs don't list the 4-point BH75 as an option for the B7610. Is this due to lack of HP/hydraulics? Or is it because of a different physical design? I believe his backhoe is a Woods derivative - with its own platform. I've searched other postings about rear hydraulics and see that I can put them in afterward, so that shouldn't be an issue. Anyone have such a setup?

How about adding a Bobcat quick-attach plate for the loader? I know they're heavy (probably would add 250 lbs.), but has anyone done this? There's a local rental place that rents out Bobcat attachments (i.e. harley rake) and I'd like to be able to set the tractor up for them.

Can I pull off 2 rear Hella 110w worklamps? I assume the standard alternator is 40a, which would allow me to run the two rear lights for short periods of time. Is there an alternator upgrade?

Along the lines of the alternator, are there any obvious 'factory'/'dealer-installed' options I should get besides foldable ROPS, loaded R4 tires and block heater?

I've come to the decision to invest in this, even though it's a bit larger than I'll probably need over the long-run. I have a BX1500 now - and have moved to a 3.5 acre unimproved lot. Rather than pay labor to put down 1.5 acres of topsoil, I just assume invest the money in a more powerful tractor and do it myself. Also, I want to buy a chipper and am told that 20hp is the minimum.

/ B7610 owners #2  
you can't typicaly move subframes from one tractor to another. If his hoe is infact a woods, you could probably buy a few frame to fit a 7610 (providing the hoe is not simply too big).

/ B7610 owners
I planned on looking into a dedicated Kubota subframe - to go on my tractor. His subframe would remain on his tractor. We'd share the hoe unit itself. My question is more about whether the 4-point style hoe can mate up to a B7610, as opposed to the 3-point hitch mount style hoe.