B7610 tire question

/ B7610 tire question #1  

tmthunder

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510CH
I currently have turf tires on my 7610. I am looking at getting some AGs. The manual says to use 11.2-16 on the rear. I have access to a set of 12.4-16's on rims. Will these work or are they to tall? Same size front tires 7-12 as the manual calls for. I think the 12.4-16's are on the 7800, 2910, ect..

Also I washed her the other day and today while using it I noticed a squeak coming from the rear axle. After a search here I am thinking that I have to grease the hex shaft. Does this make sense to you guys?

Thanks!

/ B7610 tire question #2  
I am not sure about using the 12.4-16s on the rear, as you mentioned. However, be sure that you use the correct Front/Rear tire combination. The gearing in your differentials and drive train is balanced to a particular Front/Rear tire size combination. If you have a mismatch you will have all kinds of problems when running in 4 wheel drive. The front will want to go faster than the rear or vice versa.

Jim in NH

/ B7610 tire question
Thanks Jim I think that I will end up going with the 11.2-16 which is about a 35.5" tire and where the 12.4-16 is about 37.5". The two inches would throw off the ratio because both combinations use the same front tire size 7-12.

/ B7610 tire question #4  
Did you say you washed your tractor? WHY? :D:confused:

I would start with greasing the hex shaft, as that is most likely the issue with the squeak.. Its an easy and cheap starting point in trouble shooting... Good luck...