B7800/BH75 removal and hose length

/ B7800/BH75 removal and hose length #1  

MikeInEburg

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Greetings
I have newer B7800 w/BH75 and recently removed backhoe. No trouble with removal. However, when I went to reinstall the stabilizers had leaked down and the hoe was essentially sitting on the ground. Trouble was that the hydraulic hoses are not long enough to hook up with the hoe that low. I solved by using a floor jack to lift hoe enough (two feet or so) to connect hoses.

How does the rest of the world deal with this? Remove hoe and block up to keep high enough? Have spare hoses used during installation allowing stabilizers to lift hoe high enough? Does Kubota install these hoses at factory or are they dealer-installed and maybe they just didn't leave long enough to fix this situation?

Cheers
Mike

/ B7800/BH75 removal and hose length #2  
I put blocking under my backhoe just in case of bleed-down.

/ B7800/BH75 removal and hose length #3  
I had the same problem on my second removal of my BH. I do not have a good place to drop mine, so I placed plywood on the best place I could find in the grass. After I removed my backhoe, I relieved all pressure with the controls. When I went to re-install the BH, the middle sunk down even further and this prevented my hoses from reaching the tractor. I now have two smaller pieces of plywood under the base of the BH to make it higher.

/ B7800/BH75 removal and hose length #4  
I have a B3030 and when I drop the BH all the way to the floor it is close but I have enough hose length, I store it with the stabilizers up so I don't take up all that room.

I bought 3 furniture dollies at TSC and put the BH on them, it works like a champ and keeps it higher so the hose is not as tight. Plus it is much faster to move the BH to the tractor rather than the tractor to the BH when re-attaching. Wouldn't work so great on grass though.