B7800 keeps moving

/ B7800 keeps moving #1  

walmcollc

my b7800 keeps moving on level ground after lifting my foot from the speed control pedal...what do i need to do to fix it? it only happens every once and awhile, but i'd like to take care of it now, while i can.

thanks in advance...

/ B7800 keeps moving #3  
My B7610 will on occasion creep forward a bit after I let up on the Foward end of the HST pedal. I just lightly hit the reverse end of the pedal and the pedal return springs seem to work properly again. I suppose I could have this adjusted but it really doesn't happen that often.

I've noticed it most often when on fairly steep down grades. But, I can still get it to hold on HST only even on quite steep down grades. I never trust the HST braking only in these situations though. If I have to get off the tractor on steep grades, besides using the parking brake, I make sure the bucket is digging in also. [Which is sensible in my case, because the only time I've gotten off the tractor on steep down hill slopes is when I've been scooping up boulders. And, the reason I'm off the tractor is to chain the boulders to the bucket so I can drag them back up the hill or to hold 'em in the bucket when I lift and tilt the bucket back. These are more than 500 lb boulders. I've got a backhoe as a counter balance, so it feels fairly stable, even though it's got quite a load on the down hill end.]

I haven't noticed this happening in reverse. I've seen this in some rental tractors too. I asked the rental yard mechanic about this and he said it was difficult to keep adjusted on the high hours rental tractors and he suggested doing what I was already doing. He did say it was more prevalent on some models rather than others--in his case more on the B21s than the other B-series he also had.

I never get off my tractor without setting the parking brake. Even on the most gentle of slopes on my property. One exception is after the tractor is parked in the shop with the engine off and the transmission in neutral.

/ B7800 keeps moving #4  
My B7800 comes to a quick stop on level ground when I take my foot of the speed control pedal. Is your tractor under warranty? If so, I'd suggest you talk to the dealer.

/ B7800 keeps moving #5  
My B7100 HST has creep. It has an adjustment for setting forward/reverse on the side. Think it is somewhat like a swashplate washer.

Even with adjustment I still have creep. When the economics are proper it will go to the dealer. It may be worn linkage or an internal part.

Make sure you crawl underneath and make sure all the linkages are free and the speed control is not set so it is catching.

Egon

/ B7800 keeps moving
thanks a lot rot the replies fellas, the speed copntrol pedal is real "floppy" when it happens...there is no feeling of spring resistance.

i think i will call the dealer on monday....

/ B7800 keeps moving #7  
I had a similar problem with my B-7500 if it sticks the pedal is actually slightly engaged, you may also notice it will not start unless you tap the HST pedal to disengage there is a grease zerk on the HST pedal on the under side grease it good and this may take care of the problem.

/ B7800 keeps moving #8  
My 1998 B2400 does the same thing when cold. It will usually go away once it's been run for a while though. There are two adjustments on mine under the right hand floor board, the one with the hydraulic dampner is for how fast or slow the pedal returns to center so as not to slide the tires when you suddenly release pedal and the other is a tension spring I believe( been awhile since I've tinkered with it!). As others have said, try greasing it good first and then possibly adjust the tension spring. Check your owners manual and see if it shows how to adjust the dampner as I recall there are specific ways to do it. Good Luck!

/ B7800 keeps moving #9  
My B7610 does creep a bit also especially when cold. I only have 28 hours on it so I do not have all too much experience with it however the dealer did tell me there was an adjustment on the B series but I don't know where it is.

/ B7800 keeps moving
thank you for the replies...i have been in contact with the dealer and he suggested the grease pin as well. i had been doing that, and so i didn't give it much hope, and not suprisingly it is still creeping. the damper adjustment sounds like that might be the cause...i'm going to see if i can research how to make that adjustment, thank you all again.