B7800 or B3200?

/ B7800 or B3200? #21  
If you are going to get a mmm, I would back off a minute, and think about this. If I were going to do that for sure, I would look very hard at the smaller B series since I like the mmm, and the way it attaches much better. For the kind of work you describe, a B2620, or B2920 would be fine, and you will save enough to buy the mmm. I've had my B20 series for a couple of years now, and the only things I would change on it are position control for the 3pt, and steering brakes, and you get neither with the B7800, or B3200. It doesn't sound like you will be doing much brush hogging, or box blade work so you could get by without the things I mentioned.

/ B7800 or B3200? #22  
If you are going to get a mmm, I would back off a minute, and think about this. If I were going to do that for sure, I would look very hard at the smaller B series since I like the mmm, and the way it attaches much better. For the kind of work you describe, a B2620, or B2920 would be fine, and you will save enough to buy the mmm. I've had my B20 series for a couple of years now, and the only things I would change on it are position control for the 3pt, and steering brakes, and you get neither with the B7800, or B3200. It doesn't sound like you will be doing much brush hogging, or box blade work so you could get by without the things I mentioned.
The B3200 has the 2 brake pedals locked together with a lever on the back. I don't remember if the B7800 did but I'm sure B7800 owners will tell. If that's what you are talking about.
Steve Barlow told me today he'd like to sell my B3200 trade in with the 6' Landpride RFM, 12" auger PHD and Landscape rake as one package and would do a real deal for some one. Maybe you can see the 2 brake pedals in these pictures of the B3200. While I was at it included other pictures if anyone is hunting for the implements.

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    530.2 KB · Views: 180
  • P1050606.jpg
    P1050606.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 226
  • P1050248.jpg
    P1050248.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 161
  • P1050250.jpg
    P1050250.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 151
  • P1060036.jpg
    P1060036.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 177
   / B7800 or B3200?
The B3200 does have the split brake pedals.

I would love to call Barlows but I am 3 states away from them. No matter what deal they offered me. I would still need a way "extra cost for me" to get it to me in PA.

/ B7800 or B3200? #25  

I would love to call Barlows but I am 3 states away from them. No matter what deal they offered me. I would still need a way "extra cost for me" to get it to me in PA.

Not so. If you want it in a day or 2 and he doesn't have 2 or 3 more coming your way already it will cost you more. If you can wait a week or two when he is delivering the others to your area the delivery charge is pretty cheap according to your fellow Paer's that buy from Barlows on a regular basis. They deliver to your area frequently for some reason. The call/contact is free. Guess your like most, a bit scared to hear how much money you can save but then have to make that final decision of "yes, I'll take it". When I sold Real Estate I discovered most customers called about a house to find a reason not to buy it.:)

/ B7800 or B3200? #26  
If I were you I would try to bargain down the B7800 to a price difference with the B3200 that, in your mind, would leave no doubt that you made the right choice...say $3000 difference.

The dealer will want to clear the B7800 off his lot, so you never know.

/ B7800 or B3200? #27  

I bought from Brady and it's 400 miles to my house. Barlows is a cut above most dealers.

/ B7800 or B3200? #28  
I'll echo Chuck. I tried to decide between the B2320/2620/2920, the B7800 and the B3200. And like John Thomas, I've traded a few over the last few years, settling on what I think is the right tractor for me... a B2920. There were several considerations for me: (1) I have a torn right rotator cuff and the loader position sealed the deal, as it literally hurt to operate on the B7800; (2) I have made at least one purchasing mistake in the past and believe the B3200 will be worth a several hundred more in a year than a B7800, as it is a "current product"; (3) I felt the vibration in the B3200 that others spoke of and it scared me away from the start - I hardly drove it around the dealer's lot before realizing it would drive me nuts (look under the search - some say it's a phantom problem, but my right foot would be numb within 5 minutes of operation if I owned it in the state it was in at the dealer. This is not to say Kubota won't come out with a fix) and this made me focus more on the capabilities of the B2920.

So, my point is if you're quite certain that this will be your only tractor for the next several years, the B7800 represents the better buy for you, as cost consciousness is pretty high on your list. You can always find a used MMM, as they were a pretty popular option on that model.

But, if you're in any way uncertain about keeping it for the long haul, think long a hard about waiting a couple of months until mowing season hits Penn. Then you'll have 3 months of payments saved up - maybe as much as a grand if you're aggressive about putting money aside (tax return coming(and not spent?!)) - and be in a better financial position to buy the tractor, FEL and MMM at the same time. Who knows, 60 mos. 0% may be back by the beginning of the next quarter. And, considering that the B7800 has been on the dealer's lot this long, it'll probably be there in three months and s/he'll probably be in even more of a negotiating mood. I know this is hard advice, since you've got the "bug" to get something and right now seems like a fine time to do it - but waiting has it's benefits. Often times, distancing yourself a little makes the right choice easier. Wish I had taken this advice before trading a tractor this time last year... only to come back to the size I have now.

/ B7800 or B3200? #29  
Yes the brake pedals lock together with a metal strap on the B7800

/ B7800 or B3200?
Well within the next 24 hours I will be looking at a B3200 at the dealers show room. Without snow all over it like last week. I hope this will help narrow things down a little. I do like the overall design of the 3200 over the 7800.