B7800 wont start

/ B7800 wont start #1  

dgib

Tractor
Kubota 7800
Tractor will not start, it was working fine, got off for a couple minutes and got back on the battery and oil light not coming on, the egnition clicks, turn a little more glow plug light comes but won't turn over/start

/ B7800 wont start #2  
The first step for me would to check battery connections and starter connections and load test battery. maybe first try to jump start with a good source battery.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / B7800 wont start #3  
Agree with Ed above. Is problem still there after jumping it with a good battery or other vehicle? I assume the clicking you hear is under the dash and NOT out at the solenoid/starter area?

/ B7800 wont start
Correct under the dash

/ B7800 wont start #5  
Definitely do what Ed said in post 2 first.

I was almost sure that someone had a B7800 on here in the last couple of days with a starting problem. Oh well, cannot find it. I'll try not to be too repetitive: It may well be any of several safety interlocks. If you don't get it going other ways, I would put a meter on the trigger lead to the solenoid. When you turn the key to the start position there should be voltage to that solenoid lead. If YES then it is probably just not strong enough to kick in the starter. You can run a bypass wire / clip lead straight from the battery to that solenoid trigger wire and see if that kicks in the starter when you turn the key. If NO voltage at the solenoid trigger lead, then you have a safety interlock somewhere in the chain (PTO switch, seat switch, fwd/rev lever, etc.) preventing the trigger to the solenoid.

/ B7800 wont start
Thank you

/ B7800 wont start #7  
Any update on progress or solution?

ANother tip for those following: rock the hydro-static drive peddle a little to allow it to find the neutral (safety) position. Doesn't take much for it to find that spot. There is a grease zerk on that switch, buried way down in there but it is there. Best on the solution.

/ B7800 wont start
Still have not got it started, jumperd all safties, tried to jumper across starter, starter is spinning but engine not turning over, 12 volt at the battery

/ B7800 wont start
Definitely do what Ed said in post 2 first.

I was almost sure that someone had a B7800 on here in the last couple of days with a starting problem. Oh well, cannot find it. I'll try not to be too repetitive: It may well be any of several safety interlocks. If you don't get it going other ways, I would put a meter on the trigger lead to the solenoid. When you turn the key to the start position there should be voltage to that solenoid lead. If YES then it is probably just not strong enough to kick in the starter. You can run a bypass wire / clip lead straight from the battery to that solenoid trigger wire and see if that kicks in the starter when you turn the key. If NO voltage at the solenoid trigger lead, then you have a safety interlock somewhere in the chain (PTO switch, seat switch, fwd/rev lever, etc.) preventing the trigger to the solenoid.
Anybody know how to get to the clutch safety

/ B7800 wont start #10  
While the permissive switch on the clutch might be a problem, you eliminated it when you jumped out the circuit at the starter and the starter started to turn. At this point you pretty much verified that you have a problem other than the safety circuit. The safety circuit could still be a problem, but it’s not the primary problem if you jumped it out at the starter and you still have a problem.