B7800HST

/ B7800HST #1  

Stoner

Bronze Member
The may have been discussed already. Is the B7800HST a true 30HP tractor. I noticed on the Kubota's website under the specifications for the the B7800HST shows a 22HP engine and 30 Gross Horse Power. What is Gross Horse Power. Does that mean that is what the rating is when the tractor is under a load?

/ B7800HST #2  
I think you may be confusing the hp available on the PTO with the engine hp. HSTs are less efficient at tranferring hp to the load than direct coupling (i.e. gear) transimissions.

/ B7800HST #3  
Gross HP is what the engine for that particular item is rated for. The HP at the wheel will be less than the engine rated HP as some of that is lost thru the transmission, rear end, etc. (Example being a 30HP tractor may only have 24HP at the rear wheels.) Then there is PTO HP and a few others, which I can elaborate upon later if need be.

/ B7800HST #4  
You may find the first half of this thread to be very helpful. It discusses the various terms related to horsepower ratings (but at the end spins off into a discussion of antique steam engines).

Power Explinations