Baby Pig. Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Baby Pig. Now What? #1,101  
Much as I love bacon, I'd be hard pressed to keep him just to cook him:p, Lil' fellers' just too darn cute!
By the time the pig is 275-300# you will be glad to take it to the packers. They aren’t cute at that stage.

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #1,103  
It won't be so cute when it is 500 lbs.
No, but they still have personality. Try eating something after you've been scratching his back for 5 months, and came running to see you at feeding time. Explain to your dog who goes running up to their pen for a week afterwards, to see if they came back. C218F932-05D5-4F73-B327-DAF2A13E284B.jpegRuger, trying to be friends

628B90E2-80BB-4F5C-8C81-EC9123B22824.jpegHiding from today’s snow...

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #1,104  
I've eaten plenty of hogs I raised. To keep them calm, I will hand feed them apples while the mobile slaughter kills them. Farm kid. I ate my first pet calf when I was 5 years old.

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #1,105  
I've eaten plenty of hogs I raised. To keep them calm, I will hand feed them apples while the mobile slaughter kills them. Farm kid. I ate my first pet calf when I was 5 years old.
I unload mine from a trailer, they walk through a door and come out wrapped in plastic. :D
One year I did kill them myself; .38 through the head of one, then hooked up the tractor to his feet, dragged him out of the pen and gutted him as his brother stood there calmly munching on food. Then it was his turn...

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #1,106  
Come on, guys, give it a rest. This was a thread about a very special pet for a great guy. We were privileged to have Eddie share Oscar's life with us for 10 years. Let's not take it in another direction. Hopefully a moderator will lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.