Snow Blade Back drag front plow

/ Back drag front plow #11  
I use my front FEL plow for almost everything - but have the rear blade on in winter for back dragging. Ultimate setup IMO.

/ Back drag front plow
Thank you for the info! I was most concerned with the spring/trip mechanism. I realize the blade is working against me going backwards. It is my understanding I can tip the blade forward some to help overcome this.
A rear blade and front blade would be ideal. However, I will have a rear box scraper instead. I don't think getting both blades is in the cards right now.

/ Back drag front plow #13  
The blade isn't working against you going backwards. It works against you when you push it forward. That's why they put the trip mechanism on it... if you hit something immovable going forward, it will trip, changing the blade angle severely, and the obstruction will then act as a ramp and the blade will then ride over it. As long as you are floating when backdragging, anything the blade hits will just act like a ramp and the blade should slide up and over the obstruction. If you're not floating in reverse and hit an immovable obstruction, it'll want to lift the entire front of the tractor up over the obstruction.

Does that make sense?

/ Back drag front plow
The blade isn't working against you going backwards. It works against you when you push it forward. That's why they put the trip mechanism on it... if you hit something immovable going forward, it will trip, changing the blade angle severely, and the obstruction will then act as a ramp and the blade will then ride over it. As long as you are floating when backdragging, anything the blade hits will just act like a ramp and the blade should slide up and over the obstruction. If you're not floating in reverse and hit an immovable obstruction, it'll want to lift the entire front of the tractor up over the obstruction.

Does that make sense?

Yes it does

/ Back drag front plow #15  
Yes it does

I used to plow snow at an airport. Pickup trucks and medium dump trucks. We had about a hundred T hangars, which are basically garages with triple wide doors. I had to back-drag all of them. Never a problem.

Now, my current little tractor has a snowplow on the FEL arms with NO trip mechanism. I've hit a few frozen chunks and it sent me into the steering wheel a couple times. Wish I had the trip mechanism on that. ;)

/ Back drag front plow #16  
I use my front FEL plow for almost everything - but have the rear blade on in winter for back dragging. Ultimate setup IMO.

I have used a 7' rear blade (or 6' blower) for years with the loader bucket up front. This season I will be using a 7' SSQA angling blade on the front with the rear blade or blower. For driveways I am sure that I will like it.