Thumb Back hoe thumb picture

/ Back hoe thumb picture
Mark,

Thanks. I'll let you know how it comes out. If I get it this week it will get put on this weekend along with the 50hr service.

Rowski

/ Back hoe thumb picture
Mark,

Well put the thumb on today. And used it tonight. Set about 25 stones (med to large) in a small water hole (aprox. 10' x 18') from the over flow of our resevoir. Had to load the stones first in the dump truck. Beats chasing them around trying to curl them in without a bucket full of dirt /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif. Dump them into the hole and set in place.

The thumb works really, really well. Now if I could just twist the dipper stick (any ideas) /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. I was trying to set the rocks with out the thumb and it was almost impossible. My dipper stick is two halves welded together. I had to grind a channel in the backside of the mounting plate so it would mount flush before welding. This was a pain and time consuming but I wanted it done right. By the way, blew a hydrualic hose on the hoe last night. The idiots that put the hoe together (at the factory didn't route a hose properly. When the boom was put into the park (all the way back) the block for the hyrdrualic hose on the boom pinched the dipper stick hose. I was lucky I was working of center, it blew the fluid over my shoulder. Got a new hose made, installed it and routed properly. Still waiting for a new spool valve for the boom problem, hopefully this coming week.

Anyways, Many thanks. If the hoe is of a large size (9.5 ft) I can say the thumb is well worth the money.

Rowski

/ Back hoe thumb picture #13  
Rowski - Thanks for the note; I'm glad you like it.

Your ruptured hose emphasizes why we should never work under a raised backhoe or loader bucket. Sometimes we forget how little is holding them up.

Mark