Mowing Back up camera for brush hogging in tight spots

/ Back up camera for brush hogging in tight spots #1  

RoyKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
M7060HSC/18, RTV-X1100C
I'm looking for a backup camera with nice size monitor that will let me see my three point hitch but also let see my brush hog 6 feet so that I don't have to stay turned around when I'm working backing up to clear brush around buildings and trees. I usually raise it up back over under brush and small trees and then lower down on it and let it chew it up. Too old to stay turned sideways on seat all afternoon will be putting inside my grand l 5460 with TNT.

/ Back up camera for brush hogging in tight spots #2  
Following. Wanting to do the same for the same reasons . Thinking of two cameras... One pointing back, and one on FEL to see edge of bucket etc. Use split screen to view. Probably magnetic mounts.

/ Back up camera for brush hogging in tight spots
Interesting I wonder if there's some place on the loader frame where it would help with pallet, bucket, grapple.

Somebody out THERE has done it, I have access to machine shop even CNC maybe we could come up with nice mounting hardware and make few of them to justify my guys time writing the program, he is bored right now just making Xmas tree oraments

/ Back up camera for brush hogging in tight spots #4  
Yes, I've seen others on here that have done it, but I wasn't ready to do anything. Now cost has really come down, and think it may be time to do this.

/ Back up camera for brush hogging in tight spots #5  
There are a few posts on this. Works better with a cab though. Us Open Air folks need to find a way to protect the monitor. I'm thinking of some kind of tupperware type thing with a hinged top. I've seen a few in stores, but haven't picked one up yet. Two channel monitors are available for $50 or less on the various marketplace websites.

/ Back up camera for brush hogging in tight spots #6  
I put a camera on back of cab and on loader arm. 7 inch monitor. Works great. Used Ram Mount to mount monitor and magnets for cameras. About $200 for everything

20181201_162559.jpeg20181201_162515.jpeg20181201_162503.jpeg20181201_162541.jpeg

Just talked with my CNC guy he wants to borrow the tractor and we agreed he would make the camera mounts as a swap.

/ Back up camera for brush hogging in tight spots #8  
Tried it on my little JD and took it right back off. It was in no way a substitute for looking back with your eyes. I wish it was because of the sore neck but alas it didn't work out for me.

Where did you get it and what make is it

Thanks

/ Back up camera for brush hogging in tight spots #10  
There are a few posts on this. Works better with a cab though. Us Open Air folks need to find a way to protect the monitor. I'm thinking of some kind of tupperware type thing with a hinged top. I've seen a few in stores, but haven't picked one up yet. Two channel monitors are available for $50 or less on the various marketplace websites.

I'm open station, another reason I haven't done it yet. If I had a cab would have been done long ago. If anyone has links to solution for this on open station would appreciate posting them here.